Male to Female USB Power Port Socket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swagfu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone put something like this in their OBS where the switches would go above the 4x4 selector? I am putting a new stereo in over the next week or so and it has a rear usb port. Instead of having the wire just coming out somewhere, I though something like this would look a lot better. Or, do they make some other type of usb plate that I can just put in there and plug in the wire from the back too? This is my first ever install (at 51) and want it to be as clean as possible. I know...hard to believe I have gone this long paying others to do it for me. (I don't care if it's round or square as long as it fits in the switch plate).

51BYeGa3G3L._SX522_.jpg

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m sure it would work, but you’d have to cut the switch bezel to fit it in. I’ve not seen any “stock” types that just snap right in.

Alternately, you could mount it inside the bottom pocket (assuming that you don’t have the slave CD player).

A lot of radios have a front USB port, so swapping for that may be an option. My son has one in his. He gave maybe $150 for it.

E57C3257-AD34-42BB-BCF9-AF4E2BF06324.jpeg

Last edited:

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
On my NBS I ran the USB cable over to the glovebox, to hid the flash drive in there.

OP
OP
S

Swagfu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The stereo that I am get has the front usb for music and what not. I am looking to have the cable in the back come to the front so I can use Android auto with it. Only the cable in the back works for it. So I need to have it accessible. I am getting the Metra dash kit so the stand alone cd player will be removed and there will be a pocket there. I may be able to do something in that spot. I even thought about a retractable usb cable so when not in use it won't be hanging out.61seVMsKhTL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
On my Honda Fit, my USB stick drive is located in the glove box, free floating, with a wire running from the back of the head unit to the glove box.

On my 07 Yukon XL Denali, there were 2 cigarette type sockets on the front dash, just below the heater/AC controls. One of those sockets was converted to a USB jack, so that I could plug my phone into my head unit to use Android Auto.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my 07 Yukon XL Denali, there were 2 cigarette type sockets on the front dash, just below the heater/AC controls. One of those sockets was converted to a USB jack, so that I could plug my phone into my head unit to use Android Auto.

That’s a good idea.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone put something like this in their OBS where the switches would go above the 4x4 selector? I am putting a new stereo in over the next week or so and it has a rear usb port. Instead of having the wire just coming out somewhere, I though something like this would look a lot better. Or, do they make some other type of usb plate that I can just put in there and plug in the wire from the back too? This is my first ever install (at 51) and want it to be as clean as possible. I know...hard to believe I have gone this long paying others to do it for me. (I don't care if it's round or square as long as it fits in the switch plate).

View attachment 369399
I use this in my van but not the same shape. Mine is Round because it’s was easier to drill a round hole than square . But it works exactly like you would expect it to. No problems

OP
OP
S

Swagfu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use this in my van but not the same shape. Mine is Round because it’s was easier to drill a round hole than square . But it works exactly like you would expect it to. No problems
Thanks Tony. I did see some round ones too. The shape doesn't bother me either way. I just want it to function like I think it would and look good when installed.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is what mine looks like. I drilled the hole 1 size too big. So I used a plastic washer. That’s why there’s so much depth to it. But if you drill the perfect size then it’s suppose to sit flat 1949A806-5195-4EEF-A000-8FA6C9ECCEDB.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC