Making Her new again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Sgtmoe

Sgtmoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks new, too! Awesome looking ride! I like the window graphic and Marines 4x4 decal. Adds to the appearance just right. Nothing overboard.
Thank u.....I Luv 4wheel drives and making them look good.....I have been building them since i was 20 year's old....this was my last build....2001 Ram 1500...5.9 motor 8" RC lift...37"x12.50x17 super swampers tires....rock climber's wheel's....flow master duel exhaust....and a bunch more.....

Attachments

• IMG_0346.JPG
    IMG_0346.JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Big Boy.jpg
    Big Boy.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Big boy II.jpg
    Big boy II.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2697.JPG
    IMG_2697.JPG
    272.8 KB · Views: 6

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank u.....I Luv 4wheel drives and making them look good.....I have been building them since i was 20 year's old....this was my last build....2001 Ram 1500...5.9 motor 8" RC lift...37"x12.50x17 super swampers tires....rock climber's wheel's....flow master duel exhaust....and a bunch more.....
Awesome! In 1995, I custom-ordered a green over silver '96 Dodge Ram (still called it Dodge back then...) Extended Cab after seeing the new truck debut on Walker Texas Ranger with Chuck Norris. A corny show, but it was clean entertainment that had good win over evil when patriotism and pride in our country and being American still existed.

I'm for keeping our planet healthy, but the change to earth-friendly AC refrigerant was new in '95 and was awful still in '96. Blew warm all the time and was miserable in really hot weather! The only option it did not have was leather and seemed stupid expensive back in the day at just over $26k. For a pick-up truck, that was nuts. Now, look at $60k+!!!

Even though the AC was wimpy and all the brake lines and rocker panels rusted completely through in only 9 years... I did love that truck while I had it. The 5.9 Magnum had balls and ate up the highway! I just could never get anyone to go on a longer trip with me more than once. After sitting cramped in the rear bench seat, they would stretch after climbing out (there were no rear doors on that model) and say "NO MORE!". Those were the good old days... Trucks aren't even trucks any more.

OP
OP
Sgtmoe

Sgtmoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Awesome! In 1995, I custom-ordered a green over silver '96 Dodge Ram (still called it Dodge back then...) Extended Cab after seeing the new truck debut on Walker Texas Ranger with Chuck Norris. A corny show, but it was clean entertainment that had good win over evil when patriotism and pride in our country and being American still existed.

I'm for keeping our planet healthy, but the change to earth-friendly AC refrigerant was new in '95 and was awful still in '96. Blew warm all the time and was miserable in really hot weather! The only option it did not have was leather and seemed stupid expensive back in the day at just over $26k. For a pick-up truck, that was nuts. Now, look at $60k+!!!

Even though the AC was wimpy and all the brake lines and rocker panels rusted completely through in only 9 years... I did love that truck while I had it. The 5.9 Magnum had balls and ate up the highway! I just could never get anyone to go on a longer trip with me more than once. After sitting cramped in the rear bench seat, they would stretch after climbing out (there were no rear doors on that model) and say "NO MORE!". Those were the good old days... Trucks aren't even trucks any more.
I had an 95 also before the 2001.....it was a good ole truck....it was a long bed with single cab...

Attachments

• 95 dodge.jpg
    95 dodge.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 5

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an 95 also before the 2001.....it was a good ole truck....it was a long bed with single cab...
Same color combo as mine.
The green and silver looked great on that new body style.
Red and black monochrome also looked sharp too.

Had to hold back on the highway often with the 5.9. I was often creeping over 90 before even knowing it! Luckily, no tickets.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
First and foremost: Thank you for your service. If you look in the Lounge area, there is a military thread that gets updated periodically with some cool stories.

Second: Nice lookin' rigs. Attention to detail on a lifted rig is key and yours look great. I am not a fan of red but that darker red color pops.