Make fog lights come on with low beams

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fozzi58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am wanting the fogs to come on with low beams automatically not run all the time. With my older suburban and tahoe when the auto headlights turn on it cuts my fog lights on also.

I tried to do the same and bought a kit from Vanquish Auto, one of the sponsors here. It was a disaster of a kit so I suggest you avoid it. If you have an LTZ then this will work. However if you have an LS or LT like myself, then you are SOL. The headlights are used as DRLs in low voltage mode so if you tie your fogs into the headlights (like I did) then the fogs are on ALL THE TIME. There is no "fogs come on after dusk" solution unless you put a switch in. That is my next step - I am probably going to buy the OEM dash with the headlight switch and fog built in and just use a wire as a connector to turn on the fogs without all the programming of the BCM.

Chevyzoomina

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do you have a link to the kit you used that would work for an LTZ? Their website just has a million bulbs as far as I can tell.

87nokturnal

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Gen5diy has a harness that makes the fogs come on anytime your parking lights come on. My 17 LT has headlights as DRL I was worried the fogs would be on with headlights during the day but they are triggered by the park lights. And the fogs stay on with the high beams also which I like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckylec