Maintenance for 2021 Tahoe Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jla956

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My Tahoe is getting ready to hit 36,000 miles and I wonder if any special maintenance is needed? All that has been done up to now is the oil being changed and tires rotated when the Oil Life display gets down to about 10%. Also, all the recalls have been performed whenever they come up during the oil change service - about seven so far. Just wondering if there is any other maintenance related items that are due since the service advisors never mention anything? Thanks in advance for your help.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Tahoe is getting ready to hit 36,000 miles and I wonder if any special maintenance is needed? All that has been done up to now is the oil being changed and tires rotated when the Oil Life display gets down to about 10%. Also, all the recalls have been performed whenever they come up during the oil change service - about seven so far. Just wondering if there is any other maintenance related items that are due since the service advisors never mention anything? Thanks in advance for your help.
Congrats on getting that far without any lifter issues. More evidence that it's a QA issue with the lifters and perhaps not a fundamental flaw in the design.

Check your owners manual for a severe service schedule - that's the one I follow, or if there isn't one, I reduce the factory intervals by 30-50%. In all of these trucks, it's wise to replace the transmission fluid every 30-50K, depending on the kind of driving you're doing. If towing, then more frequent. If all highway with no towing, then less frequent is fine.

OP
OP
J

jla956

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Quite a bit of towing our travel trailer so I will be sure and get the transmission fluid changed. Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy