Magnetic ride shock replacements

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 15 xl with arnotts sagged like that after a few hundred miles…
I wonder if it’s a wrong spring rate everyone is using now9F80C254-54CA-41A7-B5BD-7822FD5C54ED.jpeg

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here's a pic I just took. as you'll see, the front is super low
Wow yea that is much lower than factory. There really is no way for them to be installed incorrectly…bolt em to the top with the 3 bolts and then at the bottom with the two bolts…so not sure what you could change with the current units. If you want it back to the stock height you could add leveling kit to it i suppose. Or if you have the original units still, maybe the coil springs could be swapped onto the new struts? Me personally, i would put a lowering kit in the rear haaaaaa and call it a day.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I am not so sure that the parts you linked above are OEM. There are a lot of knock off non-oem china parts on Amazon. That reference OEM part numbers in their description as a “cross reference” part that theirs is “equivalent” to.

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those look like they are made by luftmaster which is one of the oem suppliers for ac delco (and when they are sourcing parts for manufacturing)
There are probably 10 or so companies for the shock and spring assemblies if bet.
Either way… the Arnott are dropped as well.

Seems to be a spec failure or a serious world wide bad batch of springs lol.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not so sure that the parts you linked above are OEM. There are a lot of knock off non-oem china parts on Amazon. That reference OEM part numbers in their description as a “cross reference” part that theirs is “equivalent” to.
No, they are not oem. They are oem replacements.

jcarr343

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What is the best way to tell if my Magnetic shocks are going? I am at about 55K miles on a 2018 Yukon Denali, and the ride is extra bouncy and seems to pickup all road imperfections. I would not call it overly harsh. Had not really noticed it getting bad over time, but now that we have a new BMW SUV, the rough Yukon ride really stands out. Attached is a picture of one of the rears.

IMG_0425 2.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe