Magnetic Ride Control too sensitive?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
ltz have autoride. Its a stiffer suspension

73Vetteman

Reaction score
Non - Stock or Max Trailer option makes a Difference!

It is apparent that there are different springs being discussed.

SOME of the aftermarket lowering or lifting springs are much stiffer and might give an objectionable ride. When I opted for the max trailer package on my LT, I had no idea it included ridiculously stiff springs. I changed the back springs to the LTZ autoride springs to make a substantial difference. After changing the front springs to autoride Escalade springs it now rides like - well a Cadillac. What a difference.

If you are talking about an autoride LTZ with the max trailer option, it will ride MUCH differently than one without the option. Also, if you are talking about a magnetic autoride LTZ that has lowering or lifting springs on it, you can expect a different ride than what came stock.

If you still feel the ride of a stock LTZ without the max tow option is too stiff, try replacing the FRONT springs to Escaade springs #23312163 which are softer than stock LTZ. The stock REAR LTZ springs #23152539 with code AAS2 are the same ones used on the Escalade Platinum version.

The above springs retain exactly the same ride height as originals.

Anzir

Reaction score
It is apparent that there are different springs being discussed.

SOME of the aftermarket lowering or lifting springs are much stiffer and might give an objectionable ride. When I opted for the max trailer package on my LT, I had no idea it included ridiculously stiff springs. I changed the back springs to the LTZ autoride springs to make a substantial difference. After changing the front springs to autoride Escalade springs it now rides like - well a Cadillac. What a difference.

If you are talking about an autoride LTZ with the max trailer option, it will ride MUCH differently than one without the option. Also, if you are talking about a magnetic autoride LTZ that has lowering or lifting springs on it, you can expect a different ride than what came stock.

If you still feel the ride of a stock LTZ without the max tow option is too stiff, try replacing the FRONT springs to Escaade springs #23312163 which are softer than stock LTZ. The stock REAR LTZ springs #23152539 with code AAS2 are the same ones used on the Escalade Platinum version.

The above springs retain exactly the same ride height as originals.
Is the stock Denali front spring the same as the LTZ or the Escalade? My wife noted the ride was too jarring when we test drove the Denali.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts