Mag Ride Adjustments

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tlsmikey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New Yukon Denali owner here. I have a 2017 that we just picked up with 50k miles on it. I've noticed that it has the magride shocks on the vehicle as I see the cables to the shocks as well as the height rod and actuator. However, I'm not seeing any way to adjust the stiffness of the shocks through the settings menu inside the car.

Are these magride shocks adjustable at all or are we stuck with the stock computer settings?

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The GM Magneride is NOT adjustable on the 2015-20 model years.
The new 2021 has the adjustable ride height knob, but only on select trims.

There are certainly ways to get rid of it. Take a look at Xineering's new OBDSS product! This link is to a video produced by Xineering, featuring an ACTUAL employee of this Orlando company -> Will.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New Yukon Denali owner here. I have a 2017 that we just picked up with 50k miles on it. I've noticed that it has the magride shocks on the vehicle as I see the cables to the shocks as well as the height rod and actuator. However, I'm not seeing any way to adjust the stiffness of the shocks through the settings menu inside the car.

Are these magride shocks adjustable at all or are we stuck with the stock computer settings?
It's not something you can adjust but you can re-calibrate it with a bi-directional scan tool or a laptop with GDS2 software and the MDI2 adapter

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving replies from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

Dearmosd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So for people using AFM delete modules that connect to the OBD port I guess you would have to choose which mod to use at a single given time

Dearmosd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, that is good to know adds this as an option then.

tcasey337

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The GM Magneride is NOT adjustable on the 2015-20 model years.
The new 2021 has the adjustable ride height knob, but only on select trims.

There are certainly ways to get rid of it. Take a look at Xineering's new OBDSS product! This link is to a video produced by Xineering, featuring an ACTUAL employee of this Orlando company -> Will.
Can you adjust the rod at the top of the strut where the wire plugs in to correct the stiffness or the opposite?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHNorthWoods