Maaco paint on 2001 GMC Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
fav new pic.jpg faded yukon.jpg pjimage.jpg fav new pic.jpg faded yukon.jpg

still need to replace headlamps and trail lamps , have them just never got around to it yet

2010gmcyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good. I've heard mixed reviews on Maaco. Many years ago I took a car there for a paint job (I was a poor kid). It came back with a patch of bubbles on the hood. It seems they are really hit or miss on a shop by shop basis. Glad yours turned out.

OP
OP
BillyfarmerO71
Reaction score
Looks good. I've heard mixed reviews on Maaco. Many years ago I took a car there for a paint job (I was a poor kid). It came back with a patch of bubbles on the hood. It seems they are really hit or miss on a shop by shop basis. Glad yours turned out.

they have also gotton better over the years but yes its def pays to go to a maaco with good reviews that not any business will ever have 100% good reviews but the one I went to did have a 3.9 out of 5 on google reviews... Sorry though to hear your Maaco exp was anything but good, that sucks. I think it really does depend on the Maaco. There was one other Maaco in my state of Maryland in capital heights Md I would had liked to took it too but it was too far. They post videos of all of their work and they all look nice.

one thing that is interesting is,I saw in a youtube video, they now use this Gel paste along with taping off stuff to keep paint off stuff that paint should not get on. They use it on windows, tires, plastic parts and the paint wipes right off.

thanks btw

Last edited:

TURNz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much did it set you back?

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Not going to bash Maaco but I once got a paint job from those yahoos and the paint started peeling after 10 months. I hope your paint job last longer than that.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the most part, I think it comes down to getting what you pay for. I have a friend that's a mechanic, and he says if you repaint, you are better off getting a cheap paint job and repainting every few years than spending the big bucks on a good one. His reasoning? Most people don't keep their vehicles that long, and normal wear and tear -- rocks chipping paint, door dings, and other boo-boos will damage an expensive paint job just like a cheap one.