Ly6 in a 2007 Yukon.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Conny hallmark

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Need some advice. just put a 6.0 in my 2007 Yukon. Can I keep the vvt on the engine and pin the ecm for it. Need help if anyone can. thanks for the help

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need some advice. just put a 6.0 in my 2007 Yukon. Can I keep the vvt on the engine and pin the ecm for it. Need help if anyone can. thanks for the help

Welcome to the forum CJ. If the responses are kinda light here, ask again over at the Performance Trucks forum.

I think you're going to need the ECM programmed for it but need more information.

OP
OP
C

Conny hallmark

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you. I have 2007 Yukon with 5.3. I was told to use the ly6 6.0 that it would work. I left the vvt on the 6.0 and pin the the ecm so it would run the vvt. Want to find out if anyone has ever done the ly6 swap on a Tahoe or Yukon and what did they have to do to make it work. Thank you for any help.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so the engine is installed? im guessing you never opened it up - hence vvt front cover/actuator/position sensor etc?

does it have an E38 pcm? it should all be in there.

i think most people would have ditched the vvt cam before installing the engine, very few people go from not having vvt to putting it in. right now if the pcm doesnt think it has vvt the cam will just stay in its parked position and should run fine.
below should have what youre looking for - not sure if it has to be "activated", or how to do it anyway in the tune.

2007SilveradoLY6WiringHarnessSchematic.jpg

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I have 2007 Yukon with 5.3. I was told to use the ly6 6.0 that it would work. I left the vvt on the 6.0 and pin the the ecm so it would run the vvt. Want to find out if anyone has ever done the ly6 swap on a Tahoe or Yukon and what did they have to do to make it work. Thank you for any help.

Are you running the computer that came with the truck or the one that came with the LY6?

OP
OP
C

Conny hallmark

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok update. Found a 07 Yukon xl on auto trader and used that vin to reprogram my ecm for it to recognize the vvt So far so good.