Lurk no more...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mdubbed

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I've read practically every thread on here and have learned a ton! This is my second Tahoe, 2004 4x4, purchased used $5k. First Tahoe had to get something quick so settled for 2wd, never again! Replaced the leather driver's seat cover, $96 from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08S5W1VQD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Interior is now like new! Bose system, XM on head unit didn't work, replaced with stock head unit $50, but uninstaller didn't deactivate anti-theft feature:893Chainsaw-Smilie- So I did the chip removal hack, worked (but presets don't work when that is done) until I disconnected the battery to install a new alternator, then it stopped working entirely:banghead:
Replaced it with a Sony and a PAC interface, works perfect except can't get the steering wheel controls to work (don't recall if they worked before) not a big deal. Now I just have to figure out how to adapt factory XM antenna or route a new one (doesn't sound like fun)
Also did the full seat recline mod, drove me nuts that they only partially reclined (I do a lot of road trips, nice to take a nap in a rest area) Absolutely love this truck!
Now I'm wanting to do the electric fan mod and maybe a BB tune!:chewie:
IMG_1411.jpg

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Mike!

Nice Tahoe! You are wasting no time getting your Tahoe exactly the way you want it. Looks to be in excellent condition.

OP
OP
Mdubbed

Mdubbed

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi Gary, thanks
Except for that scratch on the bumper, the body is perfect, no rust anywhere!
Everything except the steering wheel controls works too, it's almost like a brand new truck, sans payment!:party36:

OP
OP
Mdubbed

Mdubbed

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks Wade, wasn't too keen on the color at first, but it's grown on me.
(Hides dirt really well lol)

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

And, yes, no more lurking. Participate and share knowledge, and we all win. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt