Lube your chassis?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my 2500, there are 11 zerks. I make sure to hit them every 10k miles or so.

1 - Drivers side, Upper ball joint
2 - Drivers side, Outer tie-rod end
3 - Drivers side, Lower ball joint
4 - Drivers side, Inner tie-rod end
5 - Drivers side, Pitman arm (at relay rod)
6 - Passengers side, Idler arm (at relay rod)
7 - Passengers side, Upper end of idler arm mount
8 - Passengers side, Inner tie-rod end
9 - Passengers side, Lower ball joint
10 - Passengers side, Outer tie-rod end
11 - Passengers side, Upper ball joint

200k miles, still original suspension bits.

Reaction score
My 2001 had 7 zerks on the front suspension components from the factory. Each side had upper/lower ball joints, and tie rod end, then one on the steering knuckle towards the front of the motor slightly to passenger side.

Pretty sure the 2012 has the same except for the steering one in the front

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mcorbitt52

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Lots of original steering and suspension components have no grease zerks. Replace with aftermarket and then you start seeing them. I lube the crap out of everything that has a zerk. I always only lube one way. First I completely clean the zerk dry. If you just grease thru a dirt grease zerk you push dirt in with the grease. When I see fresh grease being pushed out of wherever it escapes, I then wipe that area and zerk dry again. Spray lube on the bushings. I dab those dry so I don't remove all of what I just lubed. I also lube the door seals, hatch seals and the seals at the sun roof. That is the perfect time to run a little air, lower pressure, thru the sunroof drains.
Well fellow Oregonian, I'm curious what brand of spray lube you find that works best for you.
Mike