LT vs SSV (quick comparison).

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine got harsh too when they were worn out. I replaced everything, down to the springs, and it is night and day difference.

This gives me hope. Although I'm changing to standard shocks, people report that they "ride like stock". I just hope it's not "blown Autoride shock" kind of stock yet not as soft as "unplugged Autoride shock".

OP
OP
BourbonNcigars

BourbonNcigars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want it to ride soft in a straight line but be flat in the corners, so I may be upgrading to the stiffest sway bars I can find. I already have new poly swaybar bushings.
I put some stiffer sway bars on my previous GMT800. Took corners like a champ, but without any fancy shocks like some of the 900's, you could definitely feel the harshness when you caught bumps at an angle.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spent the morning on ebay looking at Escalade door panels and trim pieces in regards to finding out what that BS1 parts could be. I'm beginning to think it's really nothing but a sales pitch. Every Escalade part I've seen on ebay has no additional insulation that any other Tahoe or Yukon already have. Maybe it has to do with the door glass and windshield being of better quality? Because everything I've seen in salvaged or parts are no different than the non BS1 models.

OP
OP
BourbonNcigars

BourbonNcigars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spent the morning on ebay looking at Escalade door panels and trim pieces in regards to finding out what that BS1 parts could be. I'm beginning to think it's really nothing but a sales pitch. Every Escalade part I've seen on ebay has no additional insulation that any other Tahoe or Yukon already have. Maybe it has to do with the door glass and windshield being of better quality? Because everything I've seen in salvaged or parts are no different than the non BS1 models.
Even looking at door panel removal videos/pics, nothing I see appears to have any additional insulating material than my SSV. Maybe there's something stuffed in the body cavities.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even looking at door panel removal videos/pics, nothing I see appears to have any additional insulating material than my SSV. Maybe there's something stuffed in the body cavities.
Body cavity search time....

Probably louder cuz rubber mat and no carpet with padding....

OP
OP
BourbonNcigars

BourbonNcigars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Body cavity search time....

Probably louder cuz rubber mat and no carpet with padding....
I actually have carpet and padding, but it may not be as substantial as factory carpet, like with an MLV backing (if the Tahoe factory carpets have that).