Lsa blower

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cb2004mj

Reaction score
yes you use adapters, several companies make them, only raise your intake approx. 3/4" and i fit a holley high ram intake on my NNBS no problem. have to remember these have truck intake manifolds which are very tall. when compared to a car intake that's several inches shorter you get plenty of free space. adapters and that blower will fit just fine height wise.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought it was a common thing to put the LSA on a 5.3 I've seen it done quite a few times. There's even boxed up kits ready to go.

https://boostdistrict.com/collections/truck-kits/products/gm-truck-kits
It’s done all the time, not as much as adding something like a Whipple or Magnacharger. In the end I don’t think you save that much over one of them, and it’s not a bolt-on solution like the manufacturer’s kits. You can save if you hunt and wait for each part you need but you need to know what you’re doing. I was able to install my Whipple in an afternoon and get it tuned by Blackbear via an Autocal and have the tune on hand and installed immediately after so I was driving right away. Everything I needed including the intercooler, injectors, accessory mounts, upgraded water pump, belt, wiring harnesses, fuel lines, etc was all included in the kit. Plus instructions and technical support which was needed.

OP
OP
C

Chris2144

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an l59 would my stock injectors work and support the boost or would I need there's. How much boost does the stock pulley put out.

Cb2004mj

Reaction score
you would need new injectors, not only due to flow rate but also size, LSA fits a different injector. stock pulley should be in the 6.5-7.5 psi range. most get the snout upgraded before install as its easier and a cheap mod, allows pulleys to be bolt on and then then pulley down one which gives around 10 psi

reddtheLegend

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It’s done all the time, not as much as adding something like a Whipple or Magnacharger. In the end I don’t think you save that much over one of them, and it’s not a bolt-on solution like the manufacturer’s kits. You can save if you hunt and wait for each part you need but you need to know what you’re doing. I was able to install my Whipple in an afternoon and get it tuned by Blackbear via an Autocal and have the tune on hand and installed immediately after so I was driving right away. Everything I needed including the intercooler, injectors, accessory mounts, upgraded water pump, belt, wiring harnesses, fuel lines, etc was all included in the kit. Plus instructions and technical support which was needed.

Boost District says everything needed is included except intake and belt and obviously tune. Their site lists it for 4k. I checked whipple's site and there's is well over 6k. I highly doubt boost district is missing 2.5k worth of stuff. I'm sure the biggest trade off would be the lsa having a lower ceiling than a whipple or maggie.
I'm strongly considering boost district's kit mostly because of cost and ease of installation. If I were going to drop 6k on FI it would be turbos.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boost District says everything needed is included except intake and belt and obviously tune. Their site lists it for 4k. I checked whipple's site and there's is well over 6k. I highly doubt boost district is missing 2.5k worth of stuff. I'm sure the biggest trade off would be the lsa having a lower ceiling than a whipple or maggie.
I'm strongly considering boost district's kit mostly because of cost and ease of installation. If I were going to drop 6k on FI it would be turbos.
There’s things that Whipple includes for that price that aren’t factored in to that kit also. Besides the intake, there’s injectors, an intercooler, tune, etc. You’ll be closer to 5k without an intercooler which I’m assuming the LSA doesn’t need. You can actually do turbos for less if you want to go that way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094