Lowering rear end on 2017 z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dormeas

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2017 Tahoe Lt z71 that is all stock, currently. I want to put some 22" take off wheels on it and that's about it. However, I've noticed the rear end seems to sit 1-2 inches higher than other trims. I'm not really looking to go the 2" drop route but wondered if I could just put the AC Delco stock replacement springs on there, would it drop down to what a normal LT is?

Tired searching but couldn't find this same scenario. I've also tried to research if my suspension is taller in the front and that info is hard to come by. The front looks the same to me but I haven't put a tape measure on mine yet because I don't have another one to compare.

These are what I'm thinking of buying - https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=3247416&cc=3434402&jsn=557

There's just so much wheel gap in the rear I'd like to sit the same as the regular Lt or Premier trucks.

mb1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Park on a flat surface and get your tape measure out. Measure from the ground through centerline of rim to the bottom of fender. Measure all 4 corners.

Mine is about 35” in the front and 37.75” in the rear on stock 22’s.

You can run 2” drop springs and 1” spacers if you don’t want to go the full 2”.