Lowering my rear suspension just a hair - Currently have rough country 6" lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xFuZzYx

IASCA Car Audio World Champion
Reaction score
so I currently have a 2002 Tahoe sitting on 35x12.50's and I had a 6" rough country suspension lift installed, well I cranked my torsion bars/keys up to get an extra 1.5" in the front to create a slight squat in my truck. Now I dont want the ass end of my truck dragging making me stare into the sky when I sit in my seat I would like to remove either 1, or 1.5 inches from my rear suspension to make the carolina squat more defined while still keeping 4.5" of lift in the rear. Would just replacing my coil overs be the only way to go about this or does anyone else have any new ideas other than that, cutting the coil overs or heating them up? lol, any and all input is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Here is a pic for everyone!
10301529_10202910096467270_4161953784333005217_n.jpg

sparkie94

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You can go on eBay and get 2 in drop springs and I'm guessing you have a spacer . just leave it in here's mine its just keys

Attachments

• IMG_20150302_185053.jpg
    IMG_20150302_185053.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 12
OP
OP
xFuZzYx

xFuZzYx

Reaction score
Sparkie, for what it is, yours looks really good, but that's not the exact same style that I'm going for...

I have a 6" RCX lift installed, and then gained an extra 1.5" in the front from torsion adjustment. This means that right now my front end has 7.5" of lift and my rear end has 6" of lift. I want my hoe to have a squat, but I don't want the rear suspension to be stock height or lower like yours... I want my rear suspension to still look lifted, but just not as much as the front. I realize that I posted this awhile back, and now after thinking about everything, I think the perfect look for my truck would be achieved with keeping my front suspension at 7.5" of lift, but replacing my back suspension with new coil springs that give it 3" of lift over stock rear suspension height instead of the 6" that it currently has.

If anyone knows what springs I should buy PLEASE post them here!

Chiggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To each their own but that's going to be stupid. Have you given any thought to how it's going to handle when driving? You could be creating a death trap. You realize this is really upsetting the weight distribution and preload/rebound characteristics of your truck. Try Z-71 springs and a spacer. Hope you don't wreck

OP
OP
xFuZzYx

xFuZzYx

Reaction score
To each their own but that's going to be stupid. Have you given any thought to how it's going to handle when driving? You could be creating a death trap. You realize this is really upsetting the weight distribution and preload/rebound characteristics of your truck. Try Z-71 springs and a spacer. Hope you don't wreck

search #carolinasquat on instagram or any other community image places that allow hashtags. This style has been around for a while now and tons of people do this without and serious negative repercussions or dangers. It is one of those things where you either love it or hate it with no inbetween.

But my truck is already a pavement princess, and the most serious crawling it sees is mall crawling... so its just all for the style for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout