Lowering kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea it’s been a few years, I don’t recall having any issue with doing it and riding on stock springs I think has its advantages.

tightchevelle69

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
also note if you have stick on weights inside the wheel. with stock 18's we had to trim the lower balljoint a good amount onto the threads to make sure it cleared the weights with an amount of space i was comfortable with. pic is with the stock 18's with 3" in the front and 4" in the rear.

IMG_2914 (1).jpg

Last edited:

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We had to cut the ball joint stud AND install thinner nuts before the factory steel wheel would go on. I seem to remember there was a bit more clearance on one side vs. the other, but both had to get the trim and thinner nut.

tightchevelle69

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We had to cut the ball joint stud AND install thinner nuts before the factory steel wheel would go on. I seem to remember there was a bit more clearance on one side vs. the other, but both had to get the trim and thinner nut.
I believe my spindles came with thinner nuts that we ended up using as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne