Lowering kit help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
His initial drop with spindles wouldn't be affected by the jounce stops. Any adjustment to the adjuster bolts for further drop could/would be.
That makes sense. I’m still learning about all the various aspects of lowering or lifting these things. That’s one area I have never played with.

Thanks.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That makes sense. I’m still learning about all the various aspects of lowering or lifting these things. That’s one area I have never played with.

Thanks.

I wish fine-tuning the height of mine was as easy as cranking a bolt! But, I like the sportier handling of the struts.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
I haven’t messed with the rear liner so I’m uncertain of how you would go about this, but you can always heat the liners and remold it.

Where’s it rubbing exactly? A picture would be good.

OP
OP
B

Brandon Watson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Guys after everything has settled the front still is about a 1 1/2 higher. Buying the lowering torsion keys is my only way to fix it correct?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright guys my tire is rubbing the fender wall on the rear right tire how do I fix that?

With that amount of drop, the axle is pulled to the right (or body is pulled to the left- however you wanna look at it). You need an adjustable panhard bar to re-center the axle.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys after everything has settled the front still is about a 1 1/2 higher. Buying the lowering torsion keys is my only way to fix it correct?

Your springs dropped it way more than they were supposed to. You can get better springs or just throw in some spacers to get it where it should be.

Or, if you like where it is and would rather lower the front more, it'll be more involved.

Have you de-cranked your keys any to lower the front?

OP
OP
B

Brandon Watson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yea i decranked the keys. Could I buy the lowering keys and that should get the front right?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lowering keys allow for further adjustment beyond where the factory keys bottom out at. Since you're now messing with that part of things, you need to see if your jounce stops are holding it up. Does the front ride firmer since de-cranking the keys?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01