Lowering a Hybrid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
picture.php

Better pics soon ... she's dirty. :)

---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

Let me get a comprehensive post together so that you don't have to look everywhere ... I'll do it a little later on this evening.

Gotta take fatbottoms to the park now ... also my bulldog. :)

Looks good! Love the factory look :Handshake:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those oem 22's look really nice man :waytogo:

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
+1. Now it need a drop :signs8:

:)

Tbh, I'm anxious to see how Felix's 2" rear drop pans out ... pending his experience I might down the road reconsider a more subtle approach.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Hybrids must have a different suspension compared to a non Hybrid. Maybe the cause of uncomfortable ride?

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, they don't have air ride, lots of stuff is different like no spare, different resonator location, hood/liftgate made of lighter alloy, all the hybrid drive stuff, lower stock stance, aerodynamic styling, and many other weight relief variances that are not easily discovered.

On the other hand the ride quality issue could be solved as easily as better shocks after the drop ... I dunno.

OP
OP
B

B.G.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice choice in 22's Sumo.. Lookin fwd to more pics! As for lowering, I got my rear springs in today and should have my spindles in by friday. I will post up pics and impressions hopefully this weekend. Itll be sitting on stock wheels, but ill post up when I throw my 24s on:) Trying right now to negotiate a deal on some 26" forged wheels. After I got the 24s I realized how bad I want 26s! Anyone want to by some 3 piece forged black24's??

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a 2" year drop is such a minor mod to the suspension but makes such a big difference I think that'd be the way to go Soulsea :waytogo: that's what I'll be doing eventually too:D

Mr Ghostrider

Reaction score
Anyone want to by some 3 piece forged black24's??

Got pics of those 24's?! I'm looking for some matte black 24's and having a hard time finding the ones I'm picturing...well...I found them but they are about $2k per wheel!

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

Hybrids must have a different suspension compared to a non Hybrid. Maybe the cause of uncomfortable ride?

I'm going to take some stock measurements of untouched hybrid suspension, ride height, clearances and weight before I start modding...I'll share results if somebody out there has an OEM setup, maybe we can compare notes and figure out exactly where your drop turned non-standard!

I'm most curious about wheel weight!!! How "special" really are the hybrid rims?! GM doesnt publish the weight anywhere!! I'll start that in another thread though.

Sumo..notice any MPG changes going from the hybrid wheels to OEM 22's?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts