Lowering a Hybrid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B.G.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, im new to the forum and the truck/suv scene. Been modding euro's for the past 7 years and just decided to pick up 08 tahoe hybrid. I want to lower it maybe 2/3? Is this possible? Im still on the fence if I want 6's or 4's on it. But that wont be happening for a couple months. Im ready alot of good reviews on DJMs kit. My brother runs one on his f150 fx2 and loves it. Think ill prob follow suit. But im just curious if this thing can be even lowered? Thanks

Pic of my of my old s60R:

SNC10912.jpg
SNC10910.jpg
SNC10923.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

B.G.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here you go on that kit
http://www.tbssowners.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=87

or if you want to go lower and still have a great ride the djm kit is the way to go
http://www.tbssowners.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=89

Thanks for the info man.. Looks like your the guy to go to on the boards when it comes to lowering:Handshake: Ill purchase the kit through you. Question, I am going to be using my vehicle to tow as well, and wonder if I would need to upgrade the rear shocks as well? How does that first kit ride?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
you should have the autoride set up on your truck. Ie when you load it up the rear end levels itself. Check if you have that then I can dial in the drop you want.

OP
OP
B

B.G.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eeeek, any idea how I would go about this. I just got the truck a day ago. Havent even browsed through the manual yet:shocked:

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
in rear take a look at the top of the shocks. If you see a airline going into the shock then you have the autoride set up also looks like a airbag on the shock. if you want you can snap a pic and shoot it to me at [email protected] or text me 415 519 2432 im up late lowering a brand new 2011 ext escalade so ill be up for a while.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
in rear take a look at the top of the shocks. If you see a airline going into the shock then you have the autoride set up also looks like a airbag on the shock. if you want you can snap a pic and shoot it to me at [email protected] or text me 415 519 2432 im up late lowering a brand new 2011 ext escalade so ill be up for a while.

The easier way of doing what Norcal said is to check whether your rear socks are orange/red and black, blue and black or all black.
If there is any orange or red on the shock you have Autoride, if not, then you don't.

OP
OP
B

B.G.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool, ill take a look at it in the a m.. Thanks for the help guys.. Really looking forward to lowering it and throwing some wheels on:Wedgie:

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:popcorn:

Sooooooo, what happened?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT