Lowered with 33.5 inch tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbepro

Reaction score
Ooops meant 33.5 inch tires.....

Project_Esca_2a.jpg

Just finished lowering the rear with just 3" drop coils from a NNBS.
The wheel gap in the rear, from fender lip to top of tire, was roughly 7". After the drop it is 2". No rubs anywhere in the rear.....just took it around the block though.

Tackling the front next. Prob will just do keys to see how low I can go. I de-cranked the stock keys and it rubs while full lock on the bottom corners of the bumper. Also rubs on the e-brake cable. Trim bumper and ziptie e-brake cable.

Last edited:

Countryboy07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks better now than with the rear jacked up like you had it. When I swapped from 265/70/16's to the 275/60/20's I have now, I rub on the rear passenger side, right where the plastic liner goes around the shock mount. Only happens when I am taking it off the road and into a field, otherwise not an issue.

OP
OP
cbepro

cbepro

Reaction score
Dang you musta been hitting some serious jumps lol! I just installed the springs only, no sway bar end links, no shock relocation bracket and i don't see any issues in the rear but i should take a closer look at the passenger side. The ride is bouncy going over bumps because i didn't trim the bumpstop.

I was getting worried when i first lowered the truck off the jack and the rear just kept getting lower and lower. I love how much better the truck feels being lowered.

OP
OP
cbepro

cbepro

Reaction score
Thanks! Although, I can see where you would be biased haha

I installed shock extenders and trimmed the bumpstops. The rear feels solid even though I'm dealing with this.....

Rear_Under_2.jpg

I'm not too concerned with the end links as of yet but if anyone has good suggestion as to replacement end links, I'm all ears.

OP
OP
cbepro

cbepro

Reaction score
Just installed lowering keys and took it for a long test drive.

Lowered_Side.jpg

Massive negative camber in the front! Rubbing at full lock:

Front_Stuffed_2.jpg

Front_Stuffed.jpg

Even with the rubbing I love it lowered!!! I plan to get smaller tires 275's or 285's instead of hacking more of the truck or maybe not......:superhack:

KEVIN GARRETT

Reaction score
Were you not able to get it level with just the stock keys ? Asking because this is exactly what I’m planning on doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345