Lowered Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
E

Edwardnavalo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Check the front sway bar links and make sure they're in place and in good condition. Also the front jounce stops need to be contacting the lower control arms.

Lots of people make the mistake of changing the ZW7 suspension by replacing the Nivomat shocks (the G65 RPO code) with standard shocks, and without going to a firmer spring. Makes things really squirrely.

@Tonyrodz that driver's side parking brake cable should be under the sway bar (same as the passenger cable there). Like this:

View attachment 378820

Attachments

• 244930C9-0FBD-4D37-9FDF-389A2BBFB94E.jpeg
    244930C9-0FBD-4D37-9FDF-389A2BBFB94E.jpeg
    388.3 KB · Views: 21
OP
OP
E

Edwardnavalo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yup, those kyb's are terrible. Does it ride stiffer now? Still low, or did the rearend raise up?
Yeah they were , those shocks that were on there were from a Mitsubishi montero and yeah a little stiff and it did raise up a little bit but I am happy how it got rid of that moving side to side on the freeway

thingraylinetah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Them KYB Excel-G shocks seem to be junk in any form. I put some Excel-G struts on a compact car- super stiff.

I meant have you checked the end links in the front, regardless of the amount of lowering. They're a common wear item and are often broken and not even noticed. Check the condition of the jounce stops. They look like bump stops.

*EDIT* I see Fless has already got your back on this.

Well on my subaru forester I used wrx kyb excel g shock bodies with Koni yellow inserts with wrx/sti springs that with the two upgraded sway bars and front and rear end link up grade worked really good together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu