Lowered 09 Tahoe Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bhatch7488

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 09 Tahoe with a 3/5 mcgaughys drop with 24's. Rides like a rock any suggestion on struts to help with ride quality? I understand the altering the suspension I loose ride quality but there has to be an alternative lol helpppp

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should be able to drop the '07+ up to 4" in the front with no change to ride quality and about the same in the rear with minimal effect on ride quality. Actually, a lot of those rear drops ride softer due to the softer springs used to drop it. I'm betting you're slamming on the bump stops, if not sitting on them in the rear.

How is yours dropped? List off the components to start.

OP
OP
B

Bhatch7488

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You should be able to drop the '07+ up to 4" in the front with no change to ride quality and about the same in the rear with minimal effect on ride quality. Actually, a lot of those rear drops ride softer due to the softer springs used to drop it. I'm betting you're slamming on the bump stops, if not sitting on them in the rear.

How is yours dropped? List off the components to start.
Its lowered with 2" drop spindles and 1" lowering spring in the front and 5" spring in the rear. It more less rides rough in the front.

Jaytizzle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you change the rear shocks or are you just using extenders?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have a 09 Tahoe with a 3/5 mcgaughys drop with 24's. Rides like a rock any suggestion on struts to help with ride quality? I understand the altering the suspension I loose ride quality but there has to be an alternative lol helpppp

Yah normal in rear with their kits. Lets start with front did you use their 2 inch spindle and drop struts?

in rear did you use the hardware kit with shock extenders?

also in rear if you want a better ride ditch their springs and go with my shock/spring combo will sit lower and ride better.

oh yah free travel mod is needed when going more than 3 in rear

OP
OP
B

Bhatch7488

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Most of my rough ride is coming from the front end I feel like I keep blowing struts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkavros