Lower the rear a few inches?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
How hard (and how much) is it to lower the rear end of the tahoe a few inches? Does it have an impact on ride comfort/ gas mileage/ warranty?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just springs, pretty easy, no impact on comfort if you get the right springs (not stiff springs or bouncy springs) no difference on gas

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
A link to any recommendations? I guess someone that knows what their doing needs to do to? I have no mechanical abilities. Would a two inch drop make it slightly north of level?

Rush

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Autoride or non? I did my own in like 4 hours.... using the kit from NORCAL SS. Very easy and looks much better!

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
How hard (and how much) is it to lower the rear end of the tahoe a few inches? Does it have an impact on ride comfort/ gas mileage/ warranty?

Doesnt change gas mileage
only thing it affects on warranty are the springs
Ride is still very good.

I need to know if your truck is autoride or non autoride and I can dial in a kit for you.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
if rear shocks have airlines going to them you have autoride. or if truck lifts up in rear

imnohero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Autoride or non? I did my own in like 4 hours.... using the kit from NORCAL SS. Very easy and looks much better!

Ahhh, you decided to go down with the back end. So you leveled it in essence? Did you have to bring the front down any to match up Rush? No issues at all?

My Denali XL is on order and I will probably do the same once it gets here.

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
I don't believe I have the adjustable suspension. I have the LT Z fully loaded but it is the one built around August 2014. That's before they had the embedded Wi-Fi and phone charging. That being said what would you suggest for a lowering kit for the rear? I don't want to lower it too much just a few inches. I wanted to look as close to stock as possible but just a little bit lower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get the two inch springs and call it done. If you think it sags too much then get .75 spacers off of Amazon.

LTZ should be air though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne

Latest posts