Low side service port leaking, bubbles of oil.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you guys fill with the small cans how do you know the pressure in the can is making it into the system besides the gauge readings of course. What I mean is as the system gets up close to the pressure it needs to be is it hard for the pressure in the cans to push it in? Do you even get all the Freon out of the can? Does anybody follow what I am saying?

OP
OP
olliec420

olliec420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you guys fill with the small cans how do you know the pressure in the can is making it into the system besides the gauge readings of course. What I mean is as the system gets up close to the pressure it needs to be is it hard for the pressure in the cans to push it in? Do you even get all the Freon out of the can? Does anybody follow what I am saying?
I saw on youtube, you put it on a small postal digital scale and watch the weight go down. I guess you cant get 100% out, I threw an empty in the fire and when the self sealing plastic melted a split second puff came out.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw on youtube, you put it on a small postal digital scale and watch the weight go down. I guess you cant get 100% out, I threw an empty in the fire and when the self sealing plastic melted a split second puff came out.
So the can stays upright the whole time? I see different info about this. I have read somewhere you tilt the can side ways then up right- back and forth?

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And I guess you have to hold the hose a certain way to keep it from throwing the scale off too?

Eman85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will hold the can with my hands wrapped around it, heat makes pressure helps the freon flow. We used to use a pail of hot water when it was cool out, drop the can in the water while it's hooked to the gauges it will flow faster.

OP
OP
olliec420

olliec420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just thinking about all this, tot he original question... should the oil be bubbling out of the service port though? Should it even be right there? Does it circulate throughout the system?

Eman85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oil circulates through the system. If you flush a system and replace the accumulator you put oil in the accumulator and condenser before you recharge. When the oil was bubbling out was the system charged? Did you just remove a hose from it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt