Low oil pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GBF1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A guy on here drove his with the extra 2 quarts for a year or so until he could afford to fix it.
Interesting comment on the driveway. I noticed I have no oil pressure issues at start when it`s pointing downhill. Why is that?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Interesting comment on the driveway. I noticed I have no oil pressure issues at start when it`s pointing downhill. Why is that?
Could be your O ring on your pick up tube needs replacement. They tend to crack over time, causing a pressure seal leak.

Last edited:

GBF1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Could be your O ring on your pick up tube needs replacement. They tend to crack over time, causing a pressure seal leak.
You’re probably right from what I’ve read. Not looking forward to an expensive repair but most likely have no choice.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The o-ring couldn’t have possibly been submerged just from being nose-down in the driveway unless you also happened to be 2 quarts over full on oil.

rbrt43

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well, now it seems as though there is some sort of electrical issue and he thinks that's what is causing the rough idle from yesterday and today it just died and wouldn't even click when I turned the key
After much research through the engine compartment, my mechanic discovered that when he moved the wiring harness when he was removing the engine the insulation on wires leading to the starter connection cracked and caused a short. It also affected the power to the pcm which was causing the rough idle. Once the wiring harness was repaired everything was fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt