Low oil? ‘14 Tahoe 166k

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@iboughtatahoe23 Yes as long as it’s on the hash mark you’ll be fine. Ideally at the full end of the hash marks but your Tahoe isn’t going to catch on fire if it gets to the low end of the hash mark. Wipe the stick before you dip it to get a more clear reading. When you cannot see the dip stick through the oil is when you need to change it.

Rygrego

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So do I top it off or just leave it till next change? And would a bad oil pressure switch cause a bad reading?
I would put your vehicle on level ground and try again. The entire end of the stick should be covered between the lower and upper marks. Pull the stick first, wipe it clean and reinsert for a fresh dip. Your picture makes the oil appear blotchy on the stick.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would put your vehicle on level ground and try again. The entire end of the stick should be covered between the lower and upper marks. Pull the stick first, wipe it clean and reinsert for a fresh dip. Your picture makes the oil appear blotchy on the stick.
You’re looking at reflections. It’s good.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Put it on level ground, let the oil drain down for 15-30 minutes, then check it. Pull the dipstick and wipe off the end, then reinsert and pull it out again. Read both sides of the dipstick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons