Low Fuel Pressure/P0300 - 2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Typically, if you had a bad lifter, you would hear that lifter(s). Plus, I doubt you have 1 bad lifter causing a P0300 code.

Here is a link about fuel trims: https://www.autoserviceprofessional...-works-and-how-to-make-it-work-for-you?Page=2

Beat me to it, @PNW VietVet! (sound familiar?)

That's a good read, @Bxcliff, so take note of the tests at a couple of RPMs. Trim issues may or may not cause the misfire code but it should be easy enough to rule them out as a cause. Post up both LT & STFTs on both banks at both RPMs, and let's see what it's doing.

Your STFTs won't start to change until it's in closed loop, after the engine is running for a minute or two. Until then they'll be '0'. In other words, there is no instant fuel trim while in open loop. Those O2 sensors need to warm up to start working.

OP
OP
Bxcliff

Bxcliff

Reaction score
@Fless
@PNW VietVet
Thanks guys, I'll give it a shot and keep you guys updated. And I'm sure the lifters are going bad also not just one, I did some research and there was always a ticking sound that got gradually worse.

At first, it would go away once the truck was warm but now it sounds like a tractor all the time. Also, since I replaced the cats and it's not restricted anymore so when I'm WOT it backfires at a higher RPM.

This is really weird and it's driving me crazy :confused:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bxcliff

Bxcliff

Reaction score
So I put together this video of all my fuel trim data in this video, check it out and tell me what y'all think. I recorded it at idle and revved around 2k rpm which is where the CEL will flash for p0300 as shown at the end.

OP
OP
Bxcliff

Bxcliff

Reaction score
Update: Iv'e done more research and a buddy of mine has a Snap-on scanner that could relearn both the crank and cam position sensors; I'm going to give that a try. What do you think of the fuel trims, @Fless

wildcatgoal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bad cats are not very hard to detect. Check out South Main Auto on YouTube and search for cat videos for some examples.

I have successfully diagnosed bad cat converters on 3 cars now after those cars had had new O2 sensors, seals, pumps... the parts cannon. Everyone wants to avoid the cats because they cost a g'dam fortune.

The way I did so was:
- Car #1: stab to the floor revs of the engine while in park felt and sounded choked. Further testing on a cold morning demonstrated the amount of exhaust you'd expect doing so was not exiting the tail pipe.
- Car #2: temp laser after driving before and after the cat. The temp before the cat was hotter than after the cat on one side of the car. Replaced both cats for good measure.
- Car #3: car had what sounded like valve train noise and was difficult to start. Owner attempted oil additives, no joy. Discovered the owner added ZDDP additive to the oil at every oil change and did mostly stop and go driving on short trips. That'll block up the cats. Replaced, no noise.

TheWhiteGhost

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
KOEO (key on, engine off) NBS non-Flex pressure spec is 55 to 62 psi; Flex Fuel is a little lower at 48-54 psi.

Are you getting any long crank times?

Hey Fless, I'm having the same issue:

key "on" 54.5 psi
Engine "on" 52 psi
After engine "off" 56 psi
after about 5 min slowly dropped 46 psi it might have kept dropping but i discounted it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442