Love them gas points

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The best I can do here is $.20 a gallon. They build up at the Safeway where I shop and Chevron takes them. The Chevron about 2 blocks from here is in an affluent neighborhood and there prices are typically $.15 to $.20 higher than other Chevron's in town so I basically am getting the fuel for what the other Chevron's sell it for. Man, 2 steps forward and 1 step back. C'mon man!
It’s way better if you use a vons grocery store... lol. And it isnt the grocery store’s fault that cheapskate chevron only allows you to use 20 cents a gallon at time in rewards. In November I had 7 points available from all my grocery shopping with Vons, went to the vons pavilion store that has a fuel station and it took 70 cents a gallon off. It was pretty rad. Mind you California gas prices still just suck, but it was way better than paying a normal price. Lol.

Last edited:
OP
OP
drakon543

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any discount off on gas is a bonus anymore. 3 cents up to 2 bucks is our normal discount through giant. my wife tends to adjust her grocery buying just for the points sometimes. i mean its really the only good way to use those points. 20 bucks off your grocery bill vs dropping you gas down that low.

Cusomano

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
any discount off on gas is a bonus anymore. 3 cents up to 2 bucks is our normal discount through giant. my wife tends to adjust her grocery buying just for the points sometimes. i mean its really the only good way to use those points. 20 bucks off your grocery bill vs dropping you gas down that low.
Drakon, that is good stuff there! I live in PA also (South East) and Giant has been great for gas points, best for me was $1.10 off. I pulled up to the pump right after someone filled their tank and the price they paid per gallon was $0. It was 2 weeks after Thanksgiving.

HACK BLOCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use shell gas and link my debit card with their fuel rewards and with tmobile giving 10 cents off every week I constantly fill up with about 50 cents off a gallon