Lost my beloved 2001 to Hurrican Ian

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be thankful you were not here...was not fun in my area at unreported 190mph.

I’m not downing that video, but those winds weren’t even near 75 mph in that video…. We had 135 at our house in Iona and the pond behind our homes had cresting (1-2 ft) whitecap waves on it along with the surge, and 7 out of 10 pool cages were on the ground. Just a real mess all the way around…

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m not downing that video, but those winds weren’t even near 75 mph in that video…. We had 135 at our house in Iona and the pond behind our homes had cresting (1-2 ft) whitecap waves on it along with the surge, and 7 out of 10 pool cages were on the ground. Just a real mess all the way around…
His power went out before it got that high.

Take your time looking Bill for that diamond in the rough, she's out there somewhere.

Fast_AT4

RWM +1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Think im going to stand out in winds greater than in the video...hell no; I'm not "that" YT famous thirsty. We had whitecaps on our canal as well. That specific video was from the backside after the winds started to settle down. Trust me, those winds were no joke. Yeah, that was an experience I pray my son never has to live thru again or deal with for the MANY days thereafter with no power/water. Things can be replaced...people cant; that's what I kept telling my family when I saw there stress levels getting high(er).

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Think im going to stand out in winds greater than in the video...hell no; I'm not "that" YT famous thirsty. We had whitecaps on our canal as well. That specific video was from the backside after the winds started to settle down. Trust me, those winds were no joke. Yeah, that was an experience I pray my son never has to live thru again or deal with for the MANY days thereafter with no power/water. Things can be replaced...people cant; that's what I kept telling my family when I saw there stress levels getting high(er).
Yep, we drove both of our vehicles to Ft Lauderdale to save them, thank God we did. My neighbor stayed ( he usually doesn’t even put up shutters, says they are never as bad as they say…) He was dragging them out on Tuesday night in the driving rain. Barely got them up….
Says he will never stay again… there better never be an “again”…..again…..
I got my generator up off the ground a few ft before we left and by the grace of God, it saved it. It saved us when we got back. Had 20 gal of gas up on a bench, saved that too. Best of luck to you….

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the lost gem. I miss mine all the time and saw a similar one the other day. Same wheels, lowered, etc etc

Something will pop up at the right time….. :thumbsup:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snackcake01