Loss of oil pressure in my 2007 Burb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nosrndr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
well, my problem "may" be solved. After driving the car after an oil change and it running normal for a few weeks..... Pulled out of the garage and the oil pressure gauge read "zero" . Car sounded normal, ran normal, felt normal. Went to store and back, got out to get mail, got back in drivers seat and gauge read "80 psi". Decided to take into the dealer. $400 later I was diagnosed with a bad oil sensor and clogged screen. Switched out both. Everything seems normal for the last week... stay tuned....

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If people change their oil regularly....... wonder what flogging the screens

Rangel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
threads like this make me nervous. my wife's yukon idles at 40 when warm with 85k. my sierra idles at 20 when warm with 45k on it. I checked my 5yr/100k warranty its good through next year so if something lets go I kinda hope its soon. lol

nosrndr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
honda seems to have solved the problem. my wife's pilot does not have an oil pressure gauge. As Forrest Gump said.... "one less thing, ya know"

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm, on another thread on this forum discussing aftermarket cams, there is a link to this forum:

http://www.ls2.com/forums/showthread.php?659175-Removing-DOD-hardware-amp-fitting-a-larger-camshaft

In it, they mention an issue with '07-'08 Tahoe/Sub/Yuk engines having issues with oil pumps locking up when warm, then freeing up again when cooled down. There's a Bulletin about it:

#PIP4158: Low Oil Pressure Or Siezed Oil Pump - keywords 07 08 5.3 6.0 6.2 engine knock L76 L92 LC9 LH6 LS4 noise tick - (Jun 25, 2007)

Subject: Low Oil Pressure or Seized Oil Pump

Models: 2007-2008 Cadillac Escalade

2007-2008 Avalanche, Chevrolet Express, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe, Trailblazer

2007-2008 GMC Savana, Sierra, Yukon

Vehicles equipped with aluminum block engines RPO codes L76 L92 LC9 LH6 LS4

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern:
The customer concern may be low oil pressure, no oil pressure, or engine noise.

Recommendation/Instructions:
Complete the current diagnostic for any diagnostic trouble codes or symptoms found. If a customer concern of engine noise has been verified, and low oil pressure has been found, replace the oil pump, flush the oil cooler lines, clean the oil pan, and change the oil and filter.

It is possible for the oil pump to seize, and start to work again when the engine cools down. Evaluate all customer concerns of low oil pressure closely, and replace oil pumps as necessary.

Note: If an engine noise is noticed after replacing the

Kathnrich1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Same here Get a good oil filter. I replaced mine with K&N and has worked perfect ever since. I had a Napa filter. Change your oil and your filter, she'll work just fine. First hand knowledge
Rich. D.

CEQ21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi.. I took my 2007 Tahoe to the body shop to get fixed from hitting a deer, to make a long story short.. I was otw home from the body shop and all of a sudden my engine light come on with "low oil pressure" shut engine off popped up. I noticed my oil pressure was at zero, so i pulled over checked my oil level and it was good. So I proced home and it happened again a few miles down the road, eventually i got it home. After doing some research on you tube most videos indicated a bad oil sending unit sensor and or filter. The next day I bought a new sensor and filter " which is a pain to install but worth the money from what a dealership will charge",but anyway after the installation I drove my Tahoe down the road and the oil pressure was good and then all of a sudden it happened again, no oil pressure... My Tahoe has over 200,000 miles on it and i change my oil every 3,000-3,500 miles..

any suggestions on what could be causing this issue.. Thanks !!

gtp1500

Reaction score
My 2007 Yukon Denali at 225,000 miles was having the dropping oil pressure issue and turned out to be as many others the dry rotted oil pickup tube o-ring, I replaced and startup have 60 psi.

Yukon2000xl

Reaction score
Hi.. I took my 2007 Tahoe to the body shop to get fixed from hitting a deer, to make a long story short.. I was otw home from the body shop and all of a sudden my engine light come on with "low oil pressure" shut engine off popped up. I noticed my oil pressure was at zero, so i pulled over checked my oil level and it was good. So I proced home and it happened again a few miles down the road, eventually i got it home. After doing some research on you tube most videos indicated a bad oil sending unit sensor and or filter. The next day I bought a new sensor and filter " which is a pain to install but worth the money from what a dealership will charge",but anyway after the installation I drove my Tahoe down the road and the oil pressure was good and then all of a sudden it happened again, no oil pressure... My Tahoe has over 200,000 miles on it and i change my oil every 3,000-3,500 miles..

any suggestions on what could be causing this issue.. Thanks !!
Mine was oil pump and oring on pickup tube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also have a 0 guage oil pressure and already bought sensor ready to replace. I find it interesting I bought my car over a year ago and the current filter I have is the first one I ever used besides AC Delco. I purchased a mobil 1 high performance filter that was way more expensive than AC Delco and thought it would be an even better replacement but now I wonder....