Loss of communication with TCCM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dino009

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi there,

I had a bad TCCM on my 2008 Tahoe. I could still switch from 2WD to 4hi or lo or auto but randomly I would get "service 4 wheel drive" message and the 4WD would kick out and then I wasn't able to switch it back and forth. Anyways, after hooking up to a code reader it said the TCCM is faulty. So I just replaced it and now I get a message "loss of communication with TCCM", and the indicator lights don't work. Do I need to get it programmed at the dealership ? Or is there any other way to "wake" the TCCM comms?

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After installing a new TCCM, I believe you do need to do a TCCM relearn with a Tech 2 like scan tool, but frankly the no communications message seems daunting.

If you go up to the General Discussions sub-forum in this 2007-2014 section, there is a sticky on top of the Tech 2 owners. Maybe see if one of us is near you and make contact. One of us might be able to help.

It isn't only dealers who can program these modules, a shop with other brand high end two way scanners can do it. If there are no Tech 2 guys near you, maybe call around and see if one of the local shops has one of the fancy scanners that can do the relearn. They probably can help you if it needs more than a TCCM relearn as well.

Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu