losing throttle on freeway, service 4wd flashes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TSmylie78

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
well no luck so far,

What happens is when trying to accelerate to freeway speeds, the first thing I notice is the speedometer is not accurate, reads 55mph, but gps on my phone says 65, and lately, we will be cruising at 65 mph and all of a sudden speedometer drops to 0, I loose gas pedal response, engine rpms just rev up , “service 4wd “ flashes on dash, when the vehicle slows down , the speedometer kinda catches up and truck starts to drive normal again.

I pulled the 4wd code, and it reads rear propeller shaft sensor. I replaced both speed sensors on the back of the trans, still same symptoms!!

I’m loosing my mind about this and my wife is scared to drive it on the freeway. Around town no issues. Any ideas??

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
well no luck so far,

What happens is when trying to accelerate to freeway speeds, the first thing I notice is the speedometer is not accurate, reads 55mph, but gps on my phone says 65, and lately, we will be cruising at 65 mph and all of a sudden speedometer drops to 0, I loose gas pedal response, engine rpms just rev up , “service 4wd “ flashes on dash, when the vehicle slows down , the speedometer kinda catches up and truck starts to drive normal again.

I pulled the 4wd code, and it reads rear propeller shaft sensor. I replaced both speed sensors on the back of the trans, still same symptoms!!

I’m loosing my mind about this and my wife is scared to drive it on the freeway. Around town no issues. Any ideas??
Did you replace speed sensors on transmission or on transfer case?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well no luck so far,

What are the exact codes with symptom number (if any) that you pulled?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickyrick63