Loosing more and more MPG!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Jolly Roger

Jolly Roger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly with 4.10 gears fuel mileage is mostly an afterthought. They are powerful gears but are about the lowest you would want on any passenger truck.
So 11.5 MPG probably isnt too bad for a 07 tahoe with 4:10 gear?

Did I read my RPO code right?

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
also you're at a significant risk of starting a fire ( if you park inside your house) there has been a couple of fires all ready it's rare but does happen ..

WTF! You start off by saying there is a "significant risk of starting a fire" and then say "it's rare"? Then it's only if you park inside your house? Where do you come up with this stuff?

Reaction score
They didn't do anything with the gears, just rebuilt the differential.

Besides, if you had different gear ratios front and back, while in 4wd strang things will happen, either the front or rear tires will constantly be dragging or chirping, because they would be turning at a different speed fromt the other.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Jolly Roger

Jolly Roger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They didn't do anything with the gears, just rebuilt the differential.

Besides, if you had different gear ratios front and back, while in 4wd strang things will happen, either the front or rear tires will constantly be dragging or chirping, because they would be turning at a different speed fromt the other.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
No part of the "limited slip" would act like a clutch?

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WTF! You start off by saying there is a "significant risk of starting a fire" and then say "it's rare"? Then it's only if you park inside your house? Where do you come up with this stuff?
if oil gets onto the exhaust manifold it could catch fire GM has had dozens of fires related to oil leaks . on the v6 engine W-body took 3 recalls to fix it.

Last edited:

Bigshawn

Reaction score
Man you are putting a lot of money into that thing bud. I hope you get your mpg's fixed. I know my 2001 gmc Yukon slt 5.3 sometimes will get over 15mpg but then sometimes if I'm running the a/c alot and going over the mountain a couple of times I will get in the high 12's. Plus most of it has to do with how heavy footed you may be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mimi66972