Looking To Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fozzi58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought OP was looking for a 2015/16 used?

I would suggest going for a 2017 or newer if the affordability suits you. Many have posted about the pulsing coming from the roof. I just eclipsed my 36k warranty and have had no issues other than self inflicted injuries (HID kit upgrade and fog lights). I have an LS Burb. It lacks a lot of the bells and whistles, but I am a pro-aftermarket guy for the extras. The 6 speed still shifts well, no issues with drive-train, interior fit and finish is good. Even after 2.5 years I still get compliments. Rear seat removal is easy since I don't have any power fold down junk in the way.

If you need the extra power of the 6.2 for towing, then make sure it has the 10 speed trans over the 8 speed. I am running down to the Jersey shore every other weekend; 1 hour + rides are common and comfortable. My girls take a row each and recline the bench since I don't have captains chairs. Two trips to Virginia were cake (4+ hours) and it does decent on the highway from an MPG perspective even with my performance mods and I have a pretty heavy foot (80mph or more set on the cruise control).

My biggest disappointment with the truck was poor lighting from the incandescent bulbs in the projectors. If the truck you buy doesn't come with HIDs, I recommend a set of LED replacements from Diode Dynamics or a plug and play HID kit from them or someone else that is reputable. (stay away from Vanquish) Try and find one with factory fogs installed so you can upgrade the bulbs and be done with it.

Other than that I love the truck. I'm an admitted GM fanboi but I have owned Ford, Nissan, and Dodge. Outside of my 08 Avalanche, my 17 Burb is probably my favorite daily driver.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the LS and upgraded to an LT with no options. Mechanically, the truck is sound. My gripes are exterior finish and paint. I do not have to worry about the fancy bells and whistles beyond the heated seats and power lift gate.

I have a GM service plan that will take me out to 100k miles and a maintenance plan that will go to 90k. I did the same thing with my Volvo. I prepay because then I don’t have to pay at the time of service.

OP
OP
REMIXER

REMIXER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just noticed how much I miss this place,,,,,,,

I got a 2002 tahoe with a escalade front,,,,needs a paint job,,,,suspension and brake work,,,, and just today I got a brake line leak after I just replaced the right rear brake line so im taking it in tomorrow to see WTF it is,,,,just hit 95k miles
If I had the time to continue making it my project I would,,,,but I live right in front of the Beach in Brooklyn and the damm ocean (salt) is taking a toll,,rusty brake lines, etc,,,,,,,,so I either fix it up or fix the minimum and keep it moving
I like the her but I think it time,,, I even thought of giving her a complete Line X paint job,,,,

So Im diggin all the feedback and If I find a Hoe with a good history , addressed recalls with good mileage Ill grab her, theres something about the Tahoe that looks meaner than the yukon , but Im starting to dig the Yukon and looking at a Escalade that caught my eye but im not sold as of yet on it
IM REALLY DIGGIN THE SRT/PREMIER ,,,, now thats a beast , For the right price I think I would ****** one and either SNOW PATROL her (completely all white) or ****** her out,

I just dont want to be one of the ones that the tranny goes out after 70 or 80k

the journey continues

OP
OP
REMIXER

REMIXER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome back from Bay Ridge Brooklyn&Miami Beach Junior!

If parking was not such a hassle in Miami and Brooklyn I would have got a Yukon XL or a Suburban. Even the garage in Brooklyn...Century 21 parking garage on 88th street in Bay Ridge and even in the Port Authority in Manhattan...at certain times of the day gets very tight. I glad the Bridgeview Diner has parking.

Hopefully you are one of the lucky ones who have off street parking in Brooklyn.

A friend lives in Unadilla. I am surprised to hear a lot of people from the city are moving up to that neck of the woods.

Make sure you get ALL service records and go on a nice long test drive. I would have a good independent mechanic put the vehicle on the rack to check everything out . It would be peace of mind for me.

Hey,,,
yeah still here In Brooklyn and Im one of the lucky ones that park my car in a private lot at my residence
Parking has gotten worse and ppl got no respect for others when it comes to opening doors and leaving carts all over the place , I always park far from everyone and even then some $hit happens and its worse when parking in the street.
I miss my days working at Century 21 as a manager! Yes parking is even tighter than before

A lot of ppl are leaving the city area for the burbs,,, with every passing year it keeps getting more and more crowded here , sometimes your better off with public transportation and you dont have to worry about your ride
but even tho Im a city guy at heart I think once my lil girl is done with school upstate I might just go down South !!!

Im gonna take my time and make sure Im happy with my purchase since I plan to have my next one for a while

b safe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bryndan99