Looking To Join The Club... Denali, or Escalade??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every Denali is AWD AFAIK. I have heard someone on here say that's not true, that the Denalis came in RWD too. I've seen a couple (online) that have been converted to RWD, but I've never seen one that came that way.
Correct partially. The GMT800 denali(2003-2006) were only AWD trucks, unless custom converted. The GMT900 Denali(2007-2014) were made in both RWD and AWD options.

willinnashville

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I realize it's subjective, but to be the 00-06 Denalis look better than Escalades, but the Escalades look miles better 07-newer. I love my 05 Denali, but if I were to replace it right now I'd look seriously into a 07 and up Esky.

Now I'll go crawl back into my hole since that statement probably pissed off everyone on this forum, hahahaha

grouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Escalade is older (early 2000) but compared the the Tahoe's and Denali's I've seen around here, I've gotten to prefer the dignified look of my '00 model. It doesn't have the cheesy chrome of later ones. Being a selectable 4X4 it's my winter driver for foul weather. One reason I traded my 5 series BMW title for title was the 5.7. engine. Bascially an SBC engine. They came out the same time I did and I trained on them in school and worked on them when I ran a shop.

I don't know if I'd geet a much later version though. The chrome gnomes have been busy and the bling (didn't he appear in a bunch of movies with Bob Hope?) has been ladled on heavy.

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Escalade is older (early 2000) but compared the the Tahoe's and Denali's I've seen around here, I've gotten to prefer the dignified look of my '00 model. It doesn't have the cheesy chrome of later ones. Being a selectable 4X4 it's my winter driver for foul weather. One reason I traded my 5 series BMW title for title was the 5.7. engine. Bascially an SBC engine. They came out the same time I did and I trained on them in school and worked on them when I ran a shop.

I don't know if I'd geet a much later version though. The chrome gnomes have been busy and the bling (didn't he appear in a bunch of movies with Bob Hope?) has been ladled on heavy.
Not sure if you are in the right thread.. You're not even in the right forum.

bldn10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been looking for a tow/work truck and have gone from Tahoe to Denali and now to Escalade because only it has the 6.0 and RWD. Found only 3-4 in the entire Southeast on Craig's List. Looking at a clean, 3-owner '06 6 hours from me w/ 135,000 miles, $8950. What's it worth?

BourbonNcigars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My thought process (my .2 cents, in other words), tends to also focus on potential repair costs. At the years you're considering, you'll likely be looking at higher mileage vehicles, which is usually associated with a higher likelihood of silent killers hiding somewhere. I'd keep it as basic as my needs dick-tated. For instance, if I didn't actually "need" AWD, I wouldn't get it.

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been looking for a tow/work truck and have gone from Tahoe to Denali and now to Escalade because only it has the 6.0 and RWD. Found only 3-4 in the entire Southeast on Craig's List. Looking at a clean, 3-owner '06 6 hours from me w/ 135,000 miles, $8950. What's it worth?
What someones willing to pay..

Full size (GM) suvs hold there value better than most, when you compare across the board. People can ask whatever they want. The ONLY place I know of to see what vehicles are actually selling for is ebay "completed listings".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts