Looking to buy an SUV...but which one?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
another issue should be the gas mileage. Chevys are the leader....Jeep /Dodge are the worst ones. I ve owned Ford Explorer six cyl. Jeep Cherokee six Cyl Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 ...and 3 Tahoes. every Tahoe out performed all of those. in every way... Best buy if you are in the market for SUVs.
My opinion

Greetings from Germany
Juergen

Brasil..... I bought 8 months ago my 2005 Yukon XL. Because it was so nice, I put up for sale, my great old '88 GMC C2500 (3/4 ton) to a buyer in your country!! I am hoping he will send me a photo of it in Germany some day.

OP
OP
Sunshine Girl

Sunshine Girl

Reaction score
So coming from a 2006 Toyota Land cruiser, I love Toyota and this was my first Chevy, I work in the car business.

Having sold my LC and just picked up a 2004 Chevy Tahoe Z71 clean title 150k super clean for 6k.

It definitely is a good buy, got tow package and 4x4, captain chairs, 3rd row, DVD for kids, bulletproof 5.3 V8.

It definitely is a great truck so far

View attachment 224694

OP
OP
Sunshine Girl

Sunshine Girl

Reaction score
So coming from a 2006 Toyota Land cruiser, I love Toyota and this was my first Chevy, I work in the car business.

Having sold my LC and just picked up a 2004 Chevy Tahoe Z71 clean title 150k super clean for 6k.

It definitely is a good buy, got tow package and 4x4, captain chairs, 3rd row, DVD for kids, bulletproof 5.3 V8.

It definitely is a great truck so far

View attachment 224694

OP
OP
Sunshine Girl

Sunshine Girl

Reaction score
So I found this 2003 Denali 4x4 on Craigslist .about an hour from where I live....do you think It's a scam? Just seems like a lot of time and money invested to be selling for just $5000. The interior is excellent...wouldn't let me upload more pics

Yukon Denali - $5000

Rebuilt engine, trans, t case, front and rear diffs, new u joints, all new factory ride suspension, all new moog steering and ball joints, new ac a week ago, new radiator, new water pump, new thermostat, all new hoses, custom heater hose tees made from brass instead of the cheap plastic that always leak, over sized trans cooler, new Bose speakers, rebuilt Bose factory head unit, new gauge cluster, new drilled and slotted rotors, new tires and wheels, new ps pump, rebuilt steering gear box, rebuilt hydraboost, new ac control panel, fresh alignment, new lug wrench and Jack tools, new bottle Jack, new electric fans, full custom 3 inch exhaust, btr stage 2 truck cam kit, new bearings, new timing set, new engine mounts, new trans mount, new valve train, new induction system ( 102mm f.a.s.t intake, nick Williams 102mm drive by wire throttle body, x link, modified fuel rails, new speed engineering long tube headers with deleted cats and custom down pipe. custom hp tuned by C&H motorsports in Sanford, fl. And im sure a ton more im forgetting.

Truck has not been on the dyno but the speed shop estimates it around 430whp.

Truck runs amazing, could use a good stall converter and a paint job.

00Q0Q_25KztDuIXPe_600x450.jpg

00F0F_dYPAeKPmmIN_600x450.jpg 00f0f_6JTru5Tqmv9_600x450.jpg
00c0c_jLVo4RvmnqR_600x450.jpg 00V0V_2JypxcCweq_600x450.jpg

Last edited:

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've seen ads claiming a low dollar to catch your eye..... Then you find out it's a down payment.

Like an apartment for "rent" on the beach for $1,200. You call & it's a week.

( additional thought)....... Buying a vehicle like this seems like a can of worms.

I leaned for an original.... one owner purchase, than one that's been messed with.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I found this 2003 Denali 4x4 on Craigslist .about an hour from where I live....do you think It's a scam? Just seems like a lot of time and money invested to be selling for just $5000. The interior is excellent...wouldn't let me upload more pics

Yukon Denali - $5000

Rebuilt engine, trans, t case, front and rear diffs, new u joints, all new factory ride suspension, all new moog steering and ball joints, new ac a week ago, new radiator, new water pump, new thermostat, all new hoses, custom heater hose tees made from brass instead of the cheap plastic that always leak, over sized trans cooler, new Bose speakers, rebuilt Bose factory head unit, new gauge cluster, new drilled and slotted rotors, new tires and wheels, new ps pump, rebuilt steering gear box, rebuilt hydraboost, new ac control panel, fresh alignment, new lug wrench and Jack tools, new bottle Jack, new electric fans, full custom 3 inch exhaust, btr stage 2 truck cam kit, new bearings, new timing set, new engine mounts, new trans mount, new valve train, new induction system ( 102mm f.a.s.t intake, nick Williams 102mm drive by wire throttle body, x link, modified fuel rails, new speed engineering long tube headers with deleted cats and custom down pipe. custom hp tuned by C&H motorsports in Sanford, fl. And im sure a ton more im forgetting.

Truck has not been on the dyno but the speed shop estimates it around 430whp.

Truck runs amazing, could use a good stall converter and a paint job.

They are worth what they are worth, not how much we put into them, though some would disagree. When my uncle had a car, he would put up crazy prices because of all the money he spent on them, tried to get every nickel back! But when he went to buy them, they were all over-priced and only worth a few hundred bucks! LOL

This fellow is upside down and for whatever reason needs to sell it. Nobody would put that much money and time into it with an eye towards selling it. My guess is that some external problem forces its sale. But it's worth a look and a thorough going over. Is this one down my way?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Run4st