Looking into buying a used Yukon Denali XL, need input.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Honestly, you both are grown men. My mom always told me “words only hurt if you allow them to”. I read the complete thread and actually felt you came out on top financially and had the support of another trusted forum member who vouched for you. As a forum of sharing of knowledge, ideas, projects, and promotion of the SUV’s we all love “yes I felt it was overboard”. Some may not. It’s not saying that you were wrong in how you felt, or how you allowed him to make you feel. You’ve sold your vehicle and can move forward with your project-that’s a win in my book.

Now, think about this...you can let it go and chalk it up to another sellers experience right? Yet, you want to confront the individual at their place of work or home?? Do you see that going well?? Why risk an arrest over a sell that never took place—kind of hard to explain to a police officer, let alone a judge. I’m just being a voice of reason. Definitely too early in the morning to start the day off with this type of bitterness for a person you’ve never met, an individual that never drove your former SUV that you sold. I think we’re all better forum members and this is just a hiccup.

In the end your vehicle ended up with the owner that agreed on its value.

Let’s get back to a Miracle Monday vs a Manic Monday.
Good advice.

Da90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly, you both are grown men. My mom always told me “words only hurt if you allow them to”. I read the complete thread and actually felt you came out on top financially and had the support of another trusted forum member who vouched for you. As a forum of sharing of knowledge, ideas, projects, and promotion of the SUV’s we all love “yes I felt it was overboard”. Some may not. It’s not saying that you were wrong in how you felt, or how you allowed him to make you feel. You’ve sold your vehicle and can move forward with your project-that’s a win in my book.

Now, think about this...you can let it go and chalk it up to another sellers experience right? Yet, you want to confront the individual at their place of work or home?? Do you see that going well?? Why risk an arrest over a sell that never took place—kind of hard to explain to a police officer, let alone a judge. I’m just being a voice of reason. Definitely too early in the morning to start the day off with this type of bitterness for a person you’ve never met, an individual that never drove your former SUV that you sold. I think we’re all better forum members and this is just a hiccup.

In the end your vehicle ended up with the owner that agreed on its value.

Let’s get back to a Miracle Monday vs a Manic Monday.

I’m not letting it bother me too much lol. He works at the dealership that I am at 2/3 times a week and he didn’t realize it’s such small world. I am not going to confront him with intentions of a physical altercation. Just going to tell him it is a small world. You mouthed off on FB, the forums and also work with all my buddies. Might want to think twice before running your pie hole. I by no means am going to show up at one of my vendors and risk losing my vendor or risk repercussions that might be caused my my actions. I won’t make a special trip either. Your voice of reason is great! Thank you! I have a short fuse when it comes to dumbasses and especially ones who are keyboard warriors! Believe it or not my short fuse has gotten longer with age. Haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cliffjrs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Original poster reminds me of Charlie Brown about to kick the football. Looked like a great deal to me. All GM vehicles blister! Surprised they get them out of the showroom blister free.

muncie21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems the old saying 'you reap what you sow' is still pretty much on target.

Super Kevin

Reaction score
I have a 2007 Yukon XL Denali with about the same mileage. I bought mine 2 years ago for $13,300. $8500 sounds like a good deal even with peeling paint. I have had a leaky rear main along with a cracked flywheel. Killed two birds with that transmission pull last year. I also have broken exhaust manifold bolts to head. This seems to be fairly common. It will make a clicking noise when its cold but after it warms up, it goes away. Seems to run fine after its warm. Used car dealer screwed me on that one. I didn't know about it until the next morning after I bought it. My mechanic said that sometimes it easy to fix. Other times, it requires pulling the heads to get the bolt out. It's in the shop being fixed now. Probably about to sell mine because we bought an Enclave with a third row for my wife and we can't keep this Yukon along with all of the other vehicles.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I have a 2007 Yukon XL Denali with about the same mileage. I bought mine 2 years ago for $13,300. $8500 sounds like a good deal even with peeling paint. I have had a leaky rear main along with a cracked flywheel. Killed two birds with that transmission pull last year. I also have broken exhaust manifold bolts to head. This seems to be fairly common. It will make a clicking noise when its cold but after it warms up, it goes away. Seems to run fine after its warm. Used car dealer screwed me on that one. I didn't know about it until the next morning after I bought it. My mechanic said that sometimes it easy to fix. Other times, it requires pulling the heads to get the bolt out. It's in the shop being fixed now. Probably about to sell mine because we bought an Enclave with a third row for my wife and we can't keep this Yukon along with all of the other vehicles.
Dorman sells those exhaust manifold clamps for that. They work great, and much cheaper.

Super Kevin

Reaction score
Dorman sells those exhaust manifold clamps for that. They work great, and much cheaper.

I have seen those. I have to get the broken stud out first. Gotta pull the exhaust manifold to get to it. Two broken bolts at the very back. One broken bolt at the front. The manifold is slightly warped but my mechanic says that we can get it resurfaced for about $20. If I had time to mess with it, I would try all of that myself but, I got a camper project to finish in between working, doing stuff around the house and kids sports.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I have seen those. I have to get the broken stud out first. Gotta pull the exhaust manifold to get to it. Two broken bolts at the very back. One broken bolt at the front. The manifold is slightly warped but my mechanic says that we can get it resurfaced for about $20. If I had time to mess with it, I would try all of that myself but, I got a camper project to finish in between working, doing stuff around the house and kids sports.
Got one for my Express van, broken ds rear manifold bolt. Head of the bolt broke off. Sealed it up nice and tight. No more leak.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Was your tech able to get the broken exhaust bolts out?

I also have broken exhaust manifold bolts to the head ... Other times, it requires pulling the heads to get the bolt out. It's in the shop being fixed now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk