Looking forward to a fun ride....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you considered certain options that it must or would be nice to have? Are the larger engines a must or can you make do with the 5.3? 4WD or AWD or 2WD? K5L - HD Cooling? Tahoe, Suburban or one of the Yukons?

Captain's Chairs in the second row were a must have for me. Navigation was not a must have but glad I got it. Love the moonroof. HD Cooling and Tow Package was a must, have integrated trailer brake controller too. 3.42 gears were a must. 2 Speed transfer case. Bose stereo is nice. Nice to haves that I did not get were the power rear liftgate and rear DVDs. I'm good without either until grand kids start showing up.

I didn't particularly care for another black vehicle but mine is, as is its interior. Nowhere near as hot as my old cars, like that it is dark inside.

OP
OP
Bob U

Bob U

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well... finally found one... only took about 6 weeks of solid searching, but I do believe the results were worth all the work.
2013 Tahoe LT, build sheet says born 6/25/2013
27673 miles, Carfax very clean and documents everything I was told. Also used my insurance industry connections to run another search, came up matching as well.
857.1 engine hours showing on the computer when I picked it up.
One owner, lived all it's life in the Kilgore-Waco Texas area (no rust), and in a garage. VERY clean in and out.
Flew down yesterday morning and picked up just outside Waco, drove back to Tulsa and got 19.4 running 75-80 on the interstate.Met up with an acquaintance (racing friend) in Tulsa that does some reprogramming on computers, spent a little time while he "tweaked" the computer in mine.
Much better throttle response, firmer shifts, and then from Tulsa to KC showed 21.6 mpg running 70-75 on the interstate, trans temperature dropped about 10 degrees as well (tighter clutch pack- less slippage?)
3.42 rear gear
Summit White, Grey interior, 4 buckets.
K&N filter kit already init's way, Borla kit coming as well.
Still researching who's "stuff" i want to use to drop it, definitely sitting in "nose bleed" territory right now, gotta come DOWN.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cvaldez224