Looking for "the best" billet bow ties (front, and maybe rear). Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

There are a lot of different chrome-finish, billet bow tie emblems on the market at the moment. However, I've also read some bad reviews on a bunch of them. Problem is, I don't know the BRAND of the ones that don't fit/look cheesy/are simply poor quality. For that matter, I don't know the brand of the good ones, either.

People tend to recommend going to webdealer x, y, or z for these pieces -- but once at one of these sites, you'll find that they tend to carry more than one brand of bow tie.

I am looking for input as to exactly which bow tie appears to be of the best quality/fitment/OEM-look. I don't want to order something, get my hopes up, and find out that it's crap.

Thanks, folks!

/< / /2 /<

OP
OP
KMeloney

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, folks.

Yep, I've seen all that stylintrucks has to offer, and I've read the reviews that are there. Still, some aren't reviewed, and not every product there has a picture of the item. Still makes it unclear as to which is best (though it is a bit useful in ruling out the ones that are crap, I guess.

The eBay ones seem completely hit-or-miss to me.

I'm looking for someone who has these on his truck who can tell me me where he got them, and explain what makes them good.

Thanks! Any and all info is much appreciated.

dmargaros

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Billet Bowties

http://www.billetanything.com/

Part #: 19052 Front
Part #: 19050 Rear

Installed both on my 2007 Tahoe. Look great. I'm just not a fan of the original "gold" color of the bowtie. The billet emblems are good quality and seem to blend in with the rest of the vehicle a bit better than the OEM gold plastic.

OP
OP
KMeloney

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://www.billetanything.com/

Part #: 19052 Front
Part #: 19050 Rear

Installed both on my 2007 Tahoe. Look great. I'm just not a fan of the original "gold" color of the bowtie. The billet emblems are good quality and seem to blend in with the rest of the vehicle a bit better than the OEM gold plastic.

Excellent! Thank you for the specifics.

Have any pics of these on your truck? I'd love to see them. Also, can you tell me how they attach? (Do they have pegs like the originals, or just tape?) Are these chromed? Or, are they simply polished to a chrome-like finish (do they match the chrome of the grill and the rest of the truck)?

Oh, one more thing -- do these have the vertical "arch" (kind of a dividing line that runs up the center -- like on the bow tie logo in the upper left corner of this site) like the factory ones , or are they perfectly smooth? Can't really tell from the pics.

Thank you for your help.

mdtahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the rear you can just take the gold piece off and you have a chrome emblem left behind. It matches the factory chrome perfectly

OP
OP
KMeloney

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the rear you can just take the gold piece off and you have a chrome emblem left behind. It matches the factory chrome perfectly

Thanks, Md. I did know that about the rear... Will probably go that route on the rear.

dmargaros -- Anymore info/pics? Thanks!

Nfamous60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeahi have a 07 in white i was gonna take the rear of but it started to cracc. and it looked blacc underneath it so i left i think th eonly thing chrome is the outline. but on the front i snapped that one off it was just glue and left a nice shade of blacc it looked so nice on the white i didnt even replace it i'll have pic's up soon as i get bac in the house i also put the front emblem inside my trucc on the armrest between the front seats lol.:hands:

dmargaros

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Billet Bowties

Thanks, Md. I did know that about the rear... Will probably go that route on the rear.

dmargaros -- Anymore info/pics? Thanks!

I will try to get some photos up....they look good. They are polished...not chromed. I believe chrome would be too "blingy" for my taste...so I personally prefer the polished look myself. Matches the polished look of the factory grill inserts on my Tahoe w/Z71 package.

They pretty much look identical to the factory OEM bowties...with the same details/borders.

The front one is taped and bolted through the grill as is the OEM bowtie.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rs401