Looking for short 3" exhaust turndown tip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for something like this style, but more like 4-6" in length. For reference, this picture shows a turndown 12" in length.

Otherwise I'm going to buy this and modify it to be shorter. I'd rather take the pre-made/lazy route if possible.

The goal is to have the tip of the exhaust tucked under the bumper, like stock, while redirecting the exhaust flow down.

T3UUxE0.jpg

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A company called Pypes makes a lot of different types of tips if you're wanting the screw type clamp on top of tip in picture, I haven't seen myself here is couple of links to down turns.
Now pypes has web site and their products are high but most are stainless steel and from things I have dealt with are very good.

Last edited:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can buy a piece of exhaust tubing from anywhere and cut it. O'Reilly, Autozone, etc. all sell 90s and 45s (bonus- you'll have two turn-downs for the price of one!) Pretty sure I've seen just turn-down tips, too. I know they're on Amazon.

OP
OP
Charlie207

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can buy a piece of exhaust tubing from anywhere and cut it. O'Reilly, Autozone, etc. all sell 90s and 45s (bonus- you'll have two turn-downs for the price of one!) Pretty sure I've seen just turn-down tips, too. I know they're on Amazon.

I went to the big three (AutoZone, O'Reilly's, and Advance Auto) plus a Runnings, and no one had what I was looking for.

OP
OP
Charlie207

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3" diameter, but short length. I don't want it sticking out far past where it would overlap the existing exhaust. I just want a short turndown to direct noise/gasses down.

I imagine I can buy the Amazon part I have in the 1st post, and cut it shorter, and notch a few cuts in it to allow for a clamp. I was just hoping there was a cheap pre-built solution I could throw money at.

While enjoying my afternoon beverage I saw this, which would also redirect juuuust enough for my needs.

018-3023.jpg

OP
OP
Charlie207

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can look around and see what I have floating around. May be able to whip something up for yah.

I actually have what iamdub send yah but, can't beat amazons prices hahaha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wilburMN