Looking for Mechanic in PNW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmeek

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
PNW=Seattle area, and the eastside (Bellevue, Kirkland, Redmond).

I have an '02 Tahoe, and the Transfer Case is going out. It's got 190,000 miles, so I figure I need to swap the transmissions at the same time.

Problem; none of the local shops will install customer supplied parts, only their own suppliers. I can purchase a rebuilt tranny and transfer case for just over $2k rebuilt, with 36 month warranties. The shops want to charge me upwards of $6-10k for their own options.

I've even suggested having the shops purchase the parts from where I prefer, and pay them a 10% upcharge to do the install, with no luck.

I do a lot of work myself, but don't have the time to do this one, as I have many other projects currently being worked on.

Where have all the shadetree mechanics gone? Or independent shops that will tackle this?

Brett

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Try looking for the mechanic on offer up or craighlist, I have always had good luck finding them there

bayareadude84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When i lived in Tacoma last year. I searched on craigs and I found a GM TECH who does side work in Olympia. Nice guy and VERY VERY good prices !!! Not sure if he's doing it but PM me and I can give you his #

Dave

bigfootchiro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PNW=Seattle area, and the eastside (Bellevue, Kirkland, Redmond).

I have an '02 Tahoe, and the Transfer Case is going out. It's got 190,000 miles, so I figure I need to swap the transmissions at the same time.

Problem; none of the local shops will install customer supplied parts, only their own suppliers. I can purchase a rebuilt tranny and transfer case for just over $2k rebuilt, with 36 month warranties. The shops want to charge me upwards of $6-10k for their own options.

I've even suggested having the shops purchase the parts from where I prefer, and pay them a 10% upcharge to do the install, with no luck.

I do a lot of work myself, but don't have the time to do this one, as I have many other projects currently being worked on.

Where have all the shadetree mechanics gone? Or independent shops that will tackle this?

Brett

Where exactly are you located?

bigfootchiro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kirkland.

I was born and raised in the PNW. Port Townsend, Port Hadlock, Port Ludlow. Some of my family are mechanics up that way, but may be a little far for you. There’s a guy in Lacey that built my 99 47re for my Cummins with s lifetime warranty, and he did my dad’s 03 Allison. Both were very affordable compared to many other places and he did a great job. Thurston County Transmission

Regency

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey I'm in Kirkland too. Bel-Kirk/Clarks Wheel Alignment does all of my work.

SmileB44Death

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey I'm in Kirkland too. Bel-Kirk/Clarks Wheel Alignment does all of my work.
Hey I’m located in Seattle and looking for someone who can wield a rear roll pan on my tahoe do you know anyone who does this? Also a good priced painter ?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate to say it but the PNW is a bit bigger than "Seattle area, and the eastside (Bellevue, Kirkland, Redmond)."....I mean come on man. Should read 'Looking for mechanic in the Seattle area".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC

Latest posts