Looking for lift points to lift my 2016 Tahoe with a 2 post lift.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Coolman1987us

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what I thought. Seems weird to let the rear suspension dangle all the way. Some pretty taught brake lines. I've been lifting from the rear trac bar just in front of the rear tire.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what I thought. Seems weird to let the rear suspension dangle all the way. Some pretty taught brake lines. I've been lifting from the rear trac bar just in front of the rear tire.
From the rear track bar? As in, lifting the entire back end from the bar?

Letting the suspension fully droop out will do absolutely no harm at all. Lifting from the track bar, though, sounds like a bad idea…although im not even sure how you would do that…

Coolman1987us

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From the rear track bar? As in, lifting the entire back end from the bar?

Letting the suspension fully droop out will do absolutely no harm at all. Lifting from the track bar, though, sounds like a bad idea…although im not even sure how you would do that…
Where the trac bar hooks to the wheel hub like 2 inches in front of the wheel. Basically keeps the suspension compressed at ride height. Lifting pretty much right under the wheel hub.

It's not that it does harm it just pulls on the brake lines pretty hard. One coil came out of place the first time I lifted it and let the rear droop. I've lifted plenty of vehicles but they were all leaf spring suspensions.

Reaction score
Where the trac bar hooks to the wheel hub like 2 inches in front of the wheel. Basically keeps the suspension compressed at ride height. Lifting pretty much right under the wheel hub.

It's not that it does harm it just pulls on the brake lines pretty hard. One coil came out of place the first time I lifted it and let the rear droop. I've lifted plenty of vehicles but they were all leaf spring suspensions.
Do you have longer than normal shocks in the rear? That would cause it to hang lower and possibly cause the spring to come out of place. Or shorter springs for lowered ride height, or the spring was old and either broken or just worn and have a shorter resting height.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I think maybe you are talking about a control arm, not the track bar ? The track bar is over the axle, going from the frame to one side of the axle.

If you are stretching brake lines and loosing coils from letting your axle simply droop then you have something wrong (most likely shocks are too long). That should not happen at all.

Coolman1987us

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think maybe you are talking about a control arm, not the track bar ? The track bar is over the axle, going from the frame to one side of the axle.

If you are stretching brake lines and loosing coils from letting your axle simply droop then you have something wrong (most likely shocks are too long). That should not happen at all.
I thought maybe I was calling it the wrong name but I searched tracbar in Google and it showed me aftermarket versions of the same part. Anyway yup on the control arm under the hub.

I guess I don't know for a fact that the coil wasn't already popped out when I bought it but the second or third time I lifted it I noticed it was shifted over on the top pocket about an inch to the inside of the vehicle. It's going back on the lift this weekend I'll lift it from the factory points and look real close at everything, see what it looks like.