Looking for engine RPM signal on GMT800

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any idea where I can get the engine RPM signal? I’m working on a project where I need to be able to read the engine RPM on an Arduino microcontroller. I found this post which mentions a white wire coming out of the PCM—anyone have any more specific info? Thanks!

OP
OP
Pilot

Pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just found this video that appears to do what I’m looking for, but it’s in Turkish lol

OP
OP
Pilot

Pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Upon further investigation; it appears that there are OBD2 modules that connect directly to Arduinos. Still digging.

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably the easiest place to find it is in the connector at the back of the instrument cluster. You could also look for it coming out of the PCM. However, this information is only good for 2003 and up GMT800s, the earlier years had many differences and I don't have info on those.

1672189861265.jpeg
1672189926442.gif

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Anyone have any idea where I can get the engine RPM signal? I’m working on a project where I need to be able to read the engine RPM on an Arduino microcontroller. I found this post which mentions a white wire coming out of the PCM—anyone have any more specific info? Thanks!

See the PDF attached to this post for the PCM pinout:

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just found this video that appears to do what I’m looking for, but it’s in Turkish lol
Did you turn on English subtitles? I know you already have your answer, but if you run into something like this again...