Looking for deal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

100cars

Reaction score
GM employee discount is less than 10%

I think there's about 12% all in (maybe 15) for true dealer profit vs. MSRP. It's just a matter of finding a dealer that just wants to move a unit. They are out there.

Hang tight and be patient. Depending what happens after the election the economy is going to skyrocket or crash. There will be plenty of deals if it crashes. Besides not to many folks are going to be in the market for 19mpg Tahoes with $4.00 gasoline :) LOL

Very true!

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Besides not to many folks are going to be in the market for 19mpg Tahoes with $4.00 gasoline :) LOL

You got that right.. It may not be today or tomorrow, but we are only 1 world crisis away from 4.00 gas again. That's why if I buy it will be a Diesel. Going 2 weeks on a tank vs one, and the fact that there is never a line at diesel pumps, especially in a crisis or evac from hurricanes or fires, is all I need to know.... And I've seen it...

yukontruckman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think there's about 12% all in (maybe 15) for true dealer profit vs. MSRP. It's just a matter of finding a dealer that just wants to move a unit. They are out there.

Curious what you are basing that on? KBB, Edmunds etc. list about $4,000 - $5,000 "profit" for a Yukon Denali, plus another 3% holdback. That's a long way from 15%.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gas shouldn't fluctuate much right now we are the least dependent on middle east oil than we have ever been, the greatest portion of oil imports we are getting right now is coming from Canada.
It is still funny how a little disruption on the other side of the planet will effect prices here we are only importing about 20% of what we use, 80% is produced in the USA

and a new report I was reading the other day say's we have plenty of reserve's they stated we can continue pumping at the current level for the next 50 years straight. that's not including what is sitting out there undiscovered, considering most of the planet is covered in water I don't think we are going to have any problem for quite some time.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Less than a month ago we had hurricanes in the gulf that did not hurt supply at all, and fuel jumped .30 in one day here.....there doesn’t have to be a shortage for the oil companies to raise prices. As airlines come back however slowly , fuel prices will start to firm upwards again.... they are huge fuel consumers....

OP
OP

100cars

Reaction score
Curious what you are basing that on? KBB, Edmunds etc. list about $4,000 - $5,000 "profit" for a Yukon Denali, plus another 3% holdback. That's a long way from 15%.

There's always more in the way of manufacturer to dealer incentives that aren't advertised. I don't know specifically on this model, but I've had dealers knock 20-25% off brand new cars before with no advertised incentives. True, it wasn't an all new model year, but still, there is more on the table than people reaize.

VTHokieT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hang tight and be patient. Depending what happens after the election the economy is going to skyrocket or crash. There will be plenty of deals if it crashes. Besides not to many folks are going to be in the market for 19mpg Tahoes with $4.00 gasoline :) LOL

Don't even put that into the universe! lol!

yukontruckman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's always more in the way of manufacturer to dealer incentives that aren't advertised. I don't know specifically on this model, but I've had dealers knock 20-25% off brand new cars before with no advertised incentives. True, it wasn't an all new model year, but still, there is more on the table than people reaize.

In the current market, with demand exceeding supply, I wouldn't expect GM to subsidize these models with dealer cash, etc. anytime soon.

Seamus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The desire for the last generation ended in 2018 and 2018 -2020 has lagged in sales even with incentives and discounts. They wont be discounting the 2021 anytime soon. They need to make their money while there is a demand. Howard Bently had 4k discounts on some undesirable colors recently but that is the most I have seen anywhere. Laura Buick hasnt discounted much either, and those are the 2 to watch. With how much they drop in value I always consider getting a bad truck (which happened 4 times to me in the last crappy generation) and having to trade it in. Only way to protect needing to trade is buy a discount upfront. Discounts arent there yet. We recently were considering it and at 82K for a Denali on a first year truck we decided to wait. (can't believe we are even considering it after all the crap we got from the last generation)?/.......

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Just a reminder No Politics Of Any Kind can be posted on this forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout