Looking for all seasons that don't suck in snow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mooman

Reaction score
What air pressure did you run in the BFGs? Mine were wearing fast until I listened to BFG and put them at 50psi. If I'd taken their advice sooner, they might have lasted 60k miles.
40psi. I never assumed to max out the air pressure on tires. Interesting, I might have to do that again. I really liked the tko2's.

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What air pressure did you run in the BFGs? Mine were wearing fast until I listened to BFG and put them at 50psi. If I'd taken their advice sooner, they might have lasted 60k miles.

I got almost 80,000 miles out of my last set of BFG's and looking to get at least 60,000 out of this new set I put on this past fall. I rotate every other oil change so about every 6,000 miles.

They work great in all conditions! Mud, rain, snow, ice.

mooman

Reaction score
What's that? KO2s are awesome in the rain.
Siping is where a tire shop will make slits cross direction on the tire. It increases traction by introducing "biting edges". I see it benefiting wet traction and snow traction, but at the expense of dry traction.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
40psi. I never assumed to max out the air pressure on tires. Interesting, I might have to do that again. I really liked the tko2's.

I called BFG and also figured out the max load per psi of air pressure. 42 psi exceeded the axle capacity with the same margin as the P-Metric tires. Still they wore too fast. They actually ride better at 50 psi too.

I knew about sipes but not the act of adding sipes to tires. The BFG sipe design is what makes the tires perform so well in the rain. Even the famous Radial T/As are awesome in the rain, in fact what sold me on the KO2 is that the C-block of tread on the edge of the tire is very similar to the Radial T/A which I used to use extensively. Both tires also provide excellent dry traction, I used to make 1.76 60' foot times on them with a best of 1.72 when drag racing on street tires.

Dlayne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called BFG and also figured out the max load per psi of air pressure. 42 psi exceeded the axle capacity with the same margin as the P-Metric tires. Still they wore too fast. They actually ride better at 50 psi too.

I knew about sipes but not the act of adding sipes to tires. The BFG sipe design is what makes the tires perform so well in the rain. Even the famous Radial T/As are awesome in the rain, in fact what sold me on the KO2 is that the C-block of tread on the edge of the tire is very similar to the Radial T/A which I used to use extensively. Both tires also provide excellent dry traction, I used to make 1.76 60' foot times on them with a best of 1.72 when drag racing on street tires.

I should clarify my previous post about siping. If you can get a good siped tire from the factory / manufacturer that is usually preferable. As someone else pointed out dry traction will suffer some but in these vehicles it might be hard to tell. It’s like a “sports sedan” there are trade offs when trying to find a one quiver anything.

Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sowegatahoe87