Looking for advice on 37s tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LAlove

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m looking to install 26” snowflakes reps and 37s on my ‘19 Yukon. So far I’ve only found out really about the McGaughys lift. I’m wondering if anyone has any other info or advice on lifts maybe tire brands in that size.

McLeod Crouch

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
McGaughys is a great lift, I would also recommend maxtrac suspension (cheaper but still the same quality). I have toyo open country and love them, Gladiators are good too.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are you wanting advice on a TIRE or a LIFT to fit that tire.

going cheap in either department is not recommended. a quality tire in that size will ride way better and balance far better...for a lift, the ride quality as well as construction is key. you are going to be going very high 8" or so for that tire.

maxpsi

Reaction score
Maybe something like the Nitto Ridgegrappler 37x11.40? A narrow 37…

maxpsi

Reaction score
are you wanting advice on a TIRE or a LIFT to fit that tire.

going cheap in either department is not recommended. a quality tire in that size will ride way better and balance far better...for a lift, the ride quality as well as construction is key. you are going to be going very high 8" or so for that tire.

You don’t think a 6” lift and major trimming would work?

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do know that the BDS Suspension 6" lift kit comes with instructions for trimming the front wheel well (perhaps front bumper/air dam too), and that is to fit 35"x12" setup...
I think @swathdiver is on the right track that more than a 6" lift may very well be needed in order to fit the 37s.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These wheel wells are not only relatively small in relation to others out there, they almost go straight down at the front and back sides…shit the stock size rubber almost rubs.

Its simply takes quite a bit of lift or a lot of trimming (or both!) to fit larger tires…especially 37+”

maxpsi

Reaction score
Maybe there’s a market for aftermarket front fenders then. There’s always going to be a need for trimming the inner fender though.

maxpsi

Reaction score
Not for 37s. Have you checked the Custom Offsets Gallery to see if what you want has been done already?

No, I just went ahead and did it my damn self. Maybe people are too scared to attempt 37s and with a 6” lift because they listen to people on the internet. They stop before ever getting started.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts