Looking for 6.2 Tahoe 4WD..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Which makes sense, the AWD transfer case splits the power 60/40, so all that 6.2l power isn't ever going to the rear differential.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
I may finally depart with my ‘09 Tahoe. Bought the wife a Subaru and now it’s my DD. However, I drive it maybe 50 miles a month and it sits in a garage.

it is 2wd, with the L9H. About 115k miles. Two owner. Bought from a GM Exec.

Color is greystone? Black buckets. All the options except fold down steps.

very nice rig to go to someone with the right offer. Couldn’t bring myself to trade it in because the Subaru dealer had no idea what they were looking at.

I’ll post pics and details by Friday.

@firemhan
Can you post some pictures, I might take it off your hands

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may finally depart with my ‘09 Tahoe. Bought the wife a Subaru and now it’s my DD. However, I drive it maybe 50 miles a month and it sits in a garage.

it is 2wd, with the L9H. About 115k miles. Two owner. Bought from a GM Exec.

Color is greystone? Black buckets. All the options except fold down steps.

very nice rig to go to someone with the right offer. Couldn’t bring myself to trade it in because the Subaru dealer had no idea what they were looking at.

I’ll post pics and details by Friday.
Id be interested to see pics also...

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We've talked about this before. All 6.2s that are either RWD or 4x4 get the 9.5" semi-floater. The AWD ones do not as they are not exceeding the ratings of the 8.6" in the AWD configuration. Same for the 900 pick-ups too.

James, I can't remember what I had for breakfast, and you expect me to remember a quasi-obscure discussion about the subtleties of rear ends GM puts in the trucks? LoL

It didn't stick. Was surprised to realize (today) I have the 8.6" in my Denali. :(

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The part I bolded in red. Please, tell me more.

The 6.2 Tahoe comes with a 14 bolt 9.5" semi floating rear. All of the AWD Escalade or Denali have a 8.6" 10 bolt.

Had I looked at all of my notifications first, I'd noticed you got your answer, haha

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
James, I can't remember what I had for breakfast, and you expect me to remember a quasi-obscure discussion about the subtleties of rear ends GM puts in the trucks? LoL

It didn't stick. Was surprised to realize (today) I have the 8.6" in my Denali. :(

Me too old man, I am forgetting things all the time, you should see all the duplicate books and tools I buy! LOL

firemhan

Reaction score
I have insufficient privileges to post in classifieds. Here is my ‘09 Tahoe 6.2 l9h. I made a YouTube video! Second one ever.

Completely straight up guys (and gals) not hiding anything or trying to be shady. Wide open and honest. You have questions, just ask.

Entertaining offers.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have insufficient privileges to post in classifieds. Here is my ‘09 Tahoe 6.2 l9h. I made a YouTube video! Second one ever.

Completely straight up guys (and gals) not hiding anything or trying to be shady. Wide open and honest. You have questions, just ask.

Entertaining offers.

Your Tahoe looks almost identical to mine when I bought it. The only difference is I have a gray interior and it's 4x4. Yours is very nice and I hope someone on here will buy it from you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy