Looking for 6.2 Tahoe 4WD..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EvergreenZ71

Reaction score

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're really better off looking for a Yukon Denali or Escalade. You open up more years to pick from (you can look at 07-09 if you don't want AFM or 07-14 if you don't care about it having AFM) and all of them have the 6.2L and most were AWD. If you really want the 6.2L Tahoe that bad, be prepared to wait for years for the right one especially if you want particular color(s) and care what kind of condition it is in.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems odd that it’s got black mirrors and not color matched or chrome.

I spent several months looking for my 09 4x4 6.2l and got lucky that i found the one I did just down in Portland in October. I would’ve preferred a darker color but I champagne isn’t as bad as I thought though.

My mirrors aren't chrome either. But thats because I painted mine, as I believe the same thing happened with the one I posted. Look at the tailpipe in the picture, it goes straight out the back, and in the vin code the 8th digit says 2 which is a L9H

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're really better off looking for a Yukon Denali or Escalade. You open up more years to pick from (you can look at 07-09 if you don't want AFM or 07-14 if you don't care about it having AFM) and all of them have the 6.2L and most were AWD. If you really want the 6.2L Tahoe that bad, be prepared to wait for years for the right one especially if you want particular color(s) and care what kind of condition it is in.

Not everyone likes the looks of a Denali or Escalade though. Also not everyone will want to have their 6.2 attached to the Borg Warner AWD T-Case, especially if they want to go off roading. Escalade's nor Denali's come with a 2 speed transfer case like the Tahoe does. A 6.2 Tahoe also has a heavier duty rear differential than the AWD Escalade and Denali. I say if you want a 6.2 Tahoe, don't give up and get one when one pops up. It has almost all of the features of a Denali, has a better T-case, and costs less. I love mine and it's an awesome sleeper.

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Kev! Fortunately, they said it needed $5K in repairs and they sent it to auction and would not sell it to anybody. I say fortunately, because we have since found two more much nicer ones and are hemming and hawing between the two.
Nicer is always nice...

If anyone needs something checked out in Houston area, Just let me know.

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not everyone likes the looks of a Denali or Escalade though. Also not everyone will want to have their 6.2 attached to the Borg Warner AWD T-Case, especially if they want to go off roading. Escalade's nor Denali's come with a 2 speed transfer case like the Tahoe does. A 6.2 Tahoe also has a heavier duty rear differential than the AWD Escalade and Denali. I say if you want a 6.2 Tahoe, don't give up and get one when one pops up. It has almost all of the features of a Denali, has a better T-case, and costs less. I love mine and it's an awesome sleeper.

The part I bolded in red. Please, tell me more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne