Look at this decked out dude!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Not sure. I may keep both or get rid of the one I like least. There is a chance I would keep the Suburban and go completely thru it, maybe fresh engine and trans. I am thinking about 2-3 years down the road of buying a hitch type travel trailer and hitting the road and seeing my family back in Missouri and in Northern California and Idaho. My days of off roading are over so I would tame the tires down. I like the color as well. It may be premature but the vehicle may be too right for me to pass up. I will look closely for sure.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I just talked to the guy. It has the MT1 code for the 4L80 trans, GT4 code for 3.73 gears and the G80 code for the locker. It got a new transfer case because of the gear rub thru. New a/c compressor and accumulator and new belts. I am going Monday at noon to see the rig.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I looked at it yesterday. He wasn't coming off much on the price if I did not want the rack and supplies on the roof, the rear panel and storage cabinet or the winch and winch guard. It drove fine but he was too proud of it money wise.

Turns out one of my American Legion buds has a wife that has a 2002 Tahoe that is super clean and in great shape and she is the original owner and it has just over 100k miles on it. I think she said it was a Z71 but I forget. She is interested in selling because she just bought a new Blazer.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Sorry, it is what it is. When I eventually do the trailer scenario I think I will fall back on my go to pull rig with a Duramax diesel. I have too much good history with that format.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveandKish