Look at these 2 two doors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish I would have known that and I hoped that the techs at the dealer could have found that, but no we could not. The thing is though, I had someone drive the truck and I was on passenger side and the noise was all the way over there by the side, not behind gauges or radio. Water under the bridge now. Thanks.

Bruh... That noise cost me an iPod and my sanity. On a trip to Houston, I went through a construction zone where there was uneven expansion joints at every square of pavement. For miles, that rhythmic "chirp... chirp... chirp" just beat into my brain. My iPod was running a little slowly and, already being on edge, I lost my temper and slammed it against the steering wheel, smashing the screen. After I got home, I pulled my entire dash cuz I swear it was something on my side of the firewall, inside the dash. Laid the dash harness, gauges A/C controls and radio in position and zip-tied them so I could drive. The squeak was still there so I took it to the dealership. Their NVH team kept it for 3 days before giving up and told me to come get it- no charge. I ended up buying a mechanic's stethoscope and having my girlfriend drive over reflectors while I listened around and narrowed it down to the trans tunnel near the firewall. Parked it over a ditch and crawled underneath with a rubber mallet to beat on everything. I bumped the heat shield by accident when repositioning myself and heard the chirp. Gave it a light tug to give it some clearance and it was all over. I went back by the dealership to give them closure and one of the guys had a sudden enlightened look on his face. He said, "Ooooooh yeaaaaah! I remember this being an issue on the C/Ks a few years ago! Forgot all about it."

liquify33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys put up some real beauties there! I’m still adjusting to life without an OBS. As are my neighbors lol! We’re all car guys and we always hung out in the driveway as I worked on it. I had to change a DRL on the new ride and suddenly there were 5 guys there with beer! We’d had nothing to wrench on!
Lightbulb took 5 minutes, beers took a couple hours.

3dirtwheels

Reaction score
When I bought mine in 2008 I almost drove to Texas for a diesel with a 5 speed. Love mine and looking forward to getting back on the road, but sometimes wish I'd ponied up.

Bigshawn

Reaction score
Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davonlwilliams33

Latest posts